✯Chapter 27✯

I woke up the next morning in Levi's bed. I spent ten whole minutes just staring at his sleeping face. Words couldn't explain how much I cared for this man. Yesterday was proof that. We both managed to break down the wall of awkwardness and we lost ourselves for hours on end. I could never get tired of him.

I got out of bed slowly and made my way back to my bedroom, making sure I made as little noise as possible so as to not wake Levi up. I took a shower, got dressed for work and went over to the kitchen to prepare some breakfast. I was in the mood for some french toast. I couldn't help but wonder what Levi wanted to eat.

Right before I was about to leave, Levi walked down the stairs to meet up with me.

"Can't you just skip work today?" he asked in a sleepy voice.

I smiled. "Nope, my kids need me."

"I need you," he said with a cute pout, reaching out to pull me into a hug.

I giggled. "And you call me cute."

"Men aren't cute," he said, and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Sure, whatever you say..." I remarked.

I planted a peck on his lips. He smirked at me in response and gave me one back.

"Hurry back..." he said in a low voice.

I got to school early as usual. I parked my car. When I saw a group of students pointing at something inside the school, I got a weird feeling in my chest. Something was off. Some of the students were frowning at me. I got out of the car and walked up to them.

But there was no need to ask anything. I could see it clearly. Something had happened to my classroom, either someone broke in or something else was going on. I rushed inside the school and made my way to the teacher's office, forgetting my bag in the car. Once I had the key to my classroom, I went to it.

My heart dropped when I saw the windows broken. A few more teachers appeared behind me, asking me what was going on. I didn't know what to say, so I went inside my classroom to see if there was anything stolen. There were tests of students and other handouts thrown all over the floor. The words 'I warned you' were graffitied on the walls. Some of the tables were thrown aside. There was also a sticky note on my table that said 'You know how to reach me'. But nothing was stolen.

Walking around I found a few pictures of Levi and I at the beach scattered around. I turned pale. I grabbed them one by one and took my phone out of my pocket. My mind told me to call Levi and tell him what had happened, but instead I called the detective up.

"Who is this?" she answered immediately.

"It's... Scarlett Winchester," I said, "Something happened."

I gave her the address of the school and she said she would be right there. Coraline and Tina also found out about it, of course. Coraline was mad, thinking it was a student who did it, or some thief. But Tina was quiet. She was thinking the same thing as I was.

Colt Winchester.

It was such a long and dreadful day. Tina helped me pick the countless papers from the floor, and the students helped me put the tables and chairs back the way they were. But the wonderful mood I woke up with this morning was completely shattered. By the time I was done cleaning, the detective showed up. Then I had to talk to the board of directory. It was crazy. I told the detective everything, but I couldn't tell my colleagues anything. It was still an ongoing investigation after all. Only Tina knew, and I still preferred it if Coraline didn't find out about it.

Eventually, around noon, I took a break from teaching and just went outside to catch a breath of fresh air. It was obvious that Colt wanted my attention. Was talking all he wanted to do? Or was he planning something?