✯Chapter 8✯

I covered myself with the sheets and stared horrified at the back of the head of the guy who was laying next to me. I wanted to see who it was, but I didn't want to wake him up. Was I supposed to leave? All I could see was that it was a man covered in tattoos.

As if on cue, the guy switched positions and turned his face to me. My eyes widened.

Levi. It was Levi. I couldn't believe it. What have I done? What happened last night?

I yelled. His eyes shot open immediately, but it took a while for him to get up. I jumped out of the bed and started searching around the room for my clothes.

"What the hell did you scream for?" I heard him say.

I gave him an incredulous look. "Are you serious?" When he looked at me, I wanted to cover myself up as quickly as possible. But I couldn't find my clothes anywhere.

Levi sighed. "Damn, my head hurts."

Huh. The professional and mature Levi said 'damn'? How amusing. No! I didn't have time for this.

"Where are my clothes?" I asked him, slightly annoyed.

"How should I know?"

"You don't remember either?"

"Just bits and pieces of yesterday." He got up and went to a dresser. Oh boy, he was also in his underwear. I couldn't believe how sexy he looked. No! Not the time!

"Is this your house?" I asked him.

"Yeah."

"Weren't we talking about Colt and Carly before I fell asleep? How did we end up here?"

"I'm really not in the mood for 20 questions right now, Scarlett." He took out two shirts and threw me one of them. "Wear that."

I didn't argue. At least I could cover myself a bit. Levi's shirt was almost twice my size. Besides, his body was more muscular than mine. Obviously.

I glanced at him as he was searching for some pants to wear. His facial expression showed that he was irritated. I probably shouldn't have yelled so early in the morning...

"I'm sorry for screaming," I told him, feeling shy and embarrassed now.

Levi didn't say anything. He just snatched some jeans from his dresser and got dressed. The only thing that was in my mind was if the two of us had had sex.

"Did we... have sex?" I asked him.

Levi rolled his eyes. He went back to his bed and plopped down on it.

"I don't think so," he said, looking at me, "It's a blur. But I don't remember anything other than making out with you."

My face turned a bright red, and I covered my face with my hands in response. "Oh my God..."

I heard him chuckle, but when I looked back at him, he was looking down at his phone.

"You weren't... completely naked, were you?" he asked me.

"No," I told him.

"Then that's your answer."

"How can you be so calm about this? Do you usually make out with your clients?"

Levi glared at me. "It wasn't a one-way street, Scarlett."

"Sorry," I said quickly, "I'm just... so upset with myself."

"Nothing happened, so don't worry so much."

"I feel like I cheated on my husband."

These words made him get up and walk over to me. He placed a hand on my head and smiled at me.