full disclosure

ᔕᕼᗩᗯᑎ

ᔕᕼᗩᗯᑎ

ᗴᗩᖇᒪƳ ᒎᗩᑎᑌᗩᖇƳ
ᒪᗝᔕ ᗩᑎǤᗴᒪᗴᔕ

❤️

"Ugh," I said, finally getting off my knees. With a shaky hand, I managed to reach the handle and flushed the toilet, watching the residual contents of whatever I had last night swirl down the drain.

Thinking about the mess I more than likely left in the living room or bar, I knew my housekeeper would be receiving a handsome bonus this week.

As I moved to my sink to brush my teeth, I sighed deeply looking at myself in the mirror.

To someone on the outside, it would seem like everything was fine... like I had it all together. But on the inside, I was falling apart.

My eyes traveled down to the his-and-hers sinks and as I looked at her side, the shimmer from her engagement ring caught my eye. I hadn't touched it or her wedding band since she left them both behind last week, so for the past eight days, they've been taunting me every time I'm in our bathroom. 

Looking down at my left hand, I contemplated taking off the black titanium ring that had been on my finger since we exchanged vows when I heard my phone ringing.

Re-entering the bedroom, I reached over and picked my phone up from the nightstand and rolled my eyes once I saw who was calling.

"Yes, Selena..." I said, greeting my publicist, rolling my eyes with an annoyed huff, waiting for the earful I had been expecting.

"Finally! I've been calling you all morning, didn't you hear your phone?"

I glanced over at the clock which read 1:06 and sighed deeply.

"I didn't have my ringer on," I said, knowing it was a lie.

The truth was my drunk ass finally passed out around 5 this morning and I had only been up for a few minutes.

"Well, I'm pretty sure you've already seen the story that HollywoodNow is running..."

"I saw..." I responded as my jaw clenched. The hand that wasn't holding my phone was clenched in a tight fist as my breathing became unsteady.

"Look, we got a call this morning..."

"What is it now?" I asked, annoyed and exhausted.