teamwork makes the dream work

ᔕᕼᗩᗯᑎ

ᔕᕼᗩᗯᑎ

ᗰᎥᗪ-ᒎᗩᑎᑌᗩᖇƳ
ᒪᗝᔕ ᗩᑎǤᗴᒪᗴᔕ

❤️

As I sat back at my lunch meeting, I looked around the table at all the people who made up my team. There was Preston Hall, my lawyer, David Thompson, my agent, and Selena Pierce, my publicist. The three of them had spent the last two weeks negotiating with the blackmailer while keeping any information about the video out of the media.

They were some of the biggest titans in the industry, and I was lucky to have them on my side, reviewing everything they had on the guy threatening to blackmail Layla and me.

"It's done," Preston spoke as he set his phone down. We all looked over to the strawberry-blonde who had a wide grin on his face.

I raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"The idiot signed the release. I don't think he even really read it. He saw all those zeroes and jumped the gun," Preston said as he grabbed his phone and looked at it once more, grinning like an idiot.

"So what happens now?"

"Nothing. My team is in possession of the video, set to be destroyed upon your request. If the little punk did make a copy of it and it somehow manages to get out, he's not only required to pay back the original five million, but we'll go after him for another ten for breach of contract and punitive damages."

Preston smiled and took a sip of his sparkling water before David cleared his throat and spoke up.

"And this genius over here," he said nodding to Preston, "found an addendum in your contract with the team."

"It's like a loophole in the morality clause, and I checked... you're not violating shit, man!" he said before he and Preston clicked their glasses together.

My heart dropped a bit as I raised my glass, not really excited about anything.

None of this got me Lay back.

"You have got to be kidding me," Selena said slowly as she shook her head. We all looked at her, each with puzzled expressions on our faces.

"I get that you guys are happy to have successfully managed to do your jobs, but why the fuck are you celebrating what he did?" she asked, glaring at me. I looked down at my lap in shame, knowing Selena had been right.