that night

So this chapter's going to go back and forth between Shawn and Layla's points of view. Here we go!

______________

ᔕᕼᗩᗯᑎ

ᒪᗩ丅ᗴ ᗪᗴᑕᗴᗰᗷᗴᖇ/ᒪᗩᔕ丅 ᗯᗴᗴᛕ
10:21ᑭᗰ
ᒪᗝᔕ ᗩᑎǤᗴᒪᗴᔕ

❤️

I sat on the marble countertop in the middle of the room watching as my wife finished applying her makeup

Honestly, she didn't need a drop of the stuff but it was still fun watching her get all dolled up.

She put the tube of lipgloss that she'd just applied into her small gold clutch and grabbed the necklace she had pulled out for tonight when I hopped off the counter to help her.

"M'lady," I said, fastening the clasp on the gold pendant I'd gotten her a few weeks ago.

"Thanks, babe," she said smiling at me in the mirror and I couldn't help but think how truly beautiful my wife was.

Her hair was pulled up in a mess of curls, giving me perfect access to the sweet spot on her neck that made her perfect lips quiver.

Attacking the spot with an array of both quick pecks and sensual kisses, I moved my hands down to her thighs, gripping them as I mumbled against her neck.

"You know we... could just... stay home," I said between the kisses I left up her jaw.

"Mmm, nice try Mr. Cooper," she said, maneuvering away from me as she stood up. "It's Marissa's birthday and as a fellow 'team wife' it's my duty to go, sir. So get that fine ass up and let's go, babe," she said walking deeper into her closet.