blindsided

A/N: Shoutout to MargaretHodgson for calling me out a few hours ago... girl!
😂
I'm still laughing!

Buckle up everybody... and enjoy!

❤️

ᗰᗩᑕᎥᗴ

ᗰᗩᑕᎥᗴ

ᗩᗷᗝᑌ丅 ᗩᑎ ᕼᗝᑌᖇ ᒪᗩ丅ᗴᖇ
ᗷᗴᐯᗴᖇᒪƳ ᕼᎥᒪᒪᔕ, ᑕᗩ

"So... what? We're just gonna go in?" I asked as the elevator continued making its ascension. Cameron rolled his head over to the side to look at me, and suddenly that kiss from twenty minutes was all I could think about.

"Well, yeah... I mean, that's what the text says," he said with a small smile pulling at the corner of his lips. I tried my best not to stare at his pout, thankful when the elevator bell finally dinged, letting us know we'd arrived on our floor.

"Dude... this is freaky," I commented, noticing that the entire floor was pitch-black, except for a light shining down a hall.

"Come on, that's probably coming from his office," Cam almost whispered as he led me down the hall, one hand securely on my waist, the other pressing on the small of my back.

As we entered the office, I could see Preston's familiar silhouette standing in front of his massive window, sipping from a glass of brown liquid.

"What's with the cloak and dagger meeting?" I asked as we entered his office.

A moment later, the chair behind Preston's desk spun around, revealing an almond-skinned woman, whose lip turned upward into a dazzling smile.

"Thought I'd formally introduce everyone," Preston said as he turned around, setting his drink down and slipping his hands in his pants pockets.

"Macie Briggs, Cameron Hayes... meet Sunny Hall," he said, and I was finally able to put a face to the voice I'd spoken to once on the phone, though whose reputation had preceded her.

"The Sunny Hall?!" Cameron asked, shocked as she smiled and stood to shake both our hands.

"The one and only. It's a pleasure to finally meet the two of you," she said before sitting back down in Preston's chair, his eyes glued to her backside as she sat.

Cameron and I sat across from her and I cocked my eyebrow in amusement as Preston and I made eye contact, me silently letting him know that I had caught him checking out his ex-wife.