opening day

ᒪᗩƳᒪᗩ

ᒪᗩƳᒪᗩ

ᗴᑎᗪ ᗝᖴ ᗰᗩᖇᑕᕼ
ᗷᗴᐯᗴᖇᒪƳ ᕼᎥᒪᒪᔕ, ᑕᗩ

❤️

About a week and a half later, I was back at Chelsea's hanging out with her and baby Micah. She was cutting up a banana into small pieces before placing each one in front of Micah, in his highchair. Most pieces were being squished and played with, but he managed to pop a few in his mouth with his mom's help.

Marco and Shawn were at their final practice back home before Opening Day at Dodger Stadium, in two days.

"So, we'll finally get to meet Shawn's long-lost brother at the game. How exciting," Chelsea said in a sing-songy voice, still focusing on a now giggling Micah.

"Yeah," I responded evenly as I scrolled through some emails on my phone. I could feel her staring at me and when I looked at her, her expression wasn't readable.

"What?" I asked.

"Something's up. You've got that weird look on your face where you really wanna say something but don't know if you should. Come on, spill it, Lay," she said sternly.

I honestly didn't even know where to start. I get that he's Shawn's brother and all, but the dude moved in the day after we met him. Is that not crazy?! And I know he's had it rough, believe I sympathize, but it doesn't make up for the fact that he just gives me a really creepy fucking vibe. There's something about him I can't shake, but the last thing I want is to cause a rift between Shawn and the only blood-family he's ever known.

"So, what, you don't like having him around the house?" she asked and I half-shrugged.

"Would it make me a complete jerk if I said I don't? " I asked, hanging my head, shamefully.

"Well what about him creeps you out?"

"He's just... always around the house, sometimes I catch him staring at me. And it's got nothing to do with his past. It's just the weird looks he always gives me," I confessed.

"Well, don't forget. You are kind of a rockstar. You have the tendency to make most people a little nervous," she offered.

"I guess..." I replied, quietly, still not able to kick the feeling that Steven was... off.

"So you guys are finding out what you're having next week?" Chelsea asked and I was grateful for the change of subject.