a good dad

ᔕᕼᗩᗯᑎ

ᔕᕼᗩᗯᑎ

ᗴᗩᖇᒪƳ ᖴᗴᗷᖇᑌᗩᖇƳ
ᗰᎥᗩᗰᎥ, ᖴᒪ

❤️

I still don't understand how I managed to not only land but marry the world's most compassionate person. She hasn't given up on us and I honestly don't know what I did to deserve her kind heart.

It's like she's not even real.

My thoughts were interrupted as my phone rang. I reached over to it, charging on my nightstand and huffed as I answered it.

"What's up, Amber?" I asked with a scowl.

"Just double-checking that we're still on for tomorrow."

"For the thousandth time, yes, okay? We are still on for tomorrow. A car will be there to pick you up at two. Just be ready, okay?" I asked, pinching the bridge of my nose.

We were going to look at a few condos tomorrow, but she hadn't stopped bugging me since I suggested getting her a place for the baby.

Now I'm kinda wishing I could take back the offer.

"Well, fuck, you don't have to be so snippy about it. It's not like I asked to get knocked up," she said and I couldn't help but snort.

"Sure," I mumbled as I grabbed the remote, turning the television in the hotel room on.

"Whatever, I'll see you tomorrow, dick."

She didn't bother waiting for me to respond before she hung up, and frankly, I didn't give a fuck. Dealing with her only reminded me of my fucked up decisions and how much I hurt Layla.

I clutched my phone on my chest and laid back, sighing as my mind went back to that night in the club, once again trying to put the broken pieces back together.

After a few minutes of attempting to dredge up the past, I unlocked my phone and scrolled through my contact list.

After a few rings, the call was answered.

"Dickweed, what's up, man?"

"Hey, Pres. Look, man, I need a favor."

"What? Don't tell me you knocked up another bottle girl?" he asked sarcastically and I rolled my eyes.

"No, asshole. I'm just calling for a pep-talk," I confessed.

"Like we talked about this week... if she's claiming you're the father, you are more than within your rights to have it confirmed via DNA testing... especially if your memory of conception is foggy."