it's a...

ᔕᕼᗩᗯᑎ

ᔕᕼᗩᗯᑎ

ᗰᎥᗪ-ᗩᑭᖇᎥᒪ
ᒪᗝᔕ ᗩᑎǤᗴᒪᗴᔕ, ᑕᗩ

❤️

A few days after our little argument, Steven and I arrive back at home. After thanking me for the trip, he heads to his room and I do the same. Seeing that the bed was untouched and the lights were out, I moved through the house until I was standing at the front door to her private recording studio.

The red light wasn't turned on outside, meaning she wasn't currently recording anything. I pushed the door open, and shut it behind me, finding my wife in her recording studio, sitting at her keyboard.

I wasn't familiar with the melody she was working on but thought it was beautiful, nonetheless.

Upon entering the studio Layla finally looked up at me, before a small smile appeared on her lips.

"Hi," she said, looking back down as she continued fingering the keys.

"Hey," I said softly, sitting in the chair next to her's after kissing her bare shoulder. I watched as she continued playing, closing her eyes from time to time as she became enthralled with the music.

"Still mad?" she asked after a few minutes.

"I was never mad, Layla," I said, after sighing. "I was just confused. I mean, why wouldn't you tell me?"

She stopped playing and turned her chair towards mine before shrugging.

"I don't know. I mean, I didn't think it was that big of a deal. I hardly even see him. I know that's not an excuse though... I'm sorry, baby," she said as tears began forming in her eyes.

"Shit, don't cry Lay. You just... you gotta talk to me about this stuff, okay babe? I never wanna see you cry," I said wiping her cheeks with the pads of my thumbs.

She sniffled and shook her head, breaking out into a bright smile as the tears continued to flow.

"It's not your fault. It's these damn pregnancy hormones, they've been kicking my ass lately," she chuckled as my hand automatically found it's way down to her belly.

"And how is our boy doing today?" I asked, causing her to smack my hand away and roll her eyes.

"Good, squirming around in there. I'm getting flutters all the time," she smiled and I leaned in to kiss her.

"Really? You're still so tiny," I commented, looking at her barely-there belly. She got up from her chair and stood between my legs, as my hands rested on her waist and I was eye-level with her tummy.