vacation, had to get away...

ᒪᗩƳᒪᗩ

ᒪᗩƳᒪᗩ

ᗴᗩᖇᒪƳ ᗰᗩᖇᑕᕼ
ᑭᕼᗝᗴᑎᎥ᙭, ᗩ乙

❤️

Every March usually meant the same thing for me. I'd spent the month in Phoenix working on lyrics, while Shawn was here for spring training, pre-season.

This was the second year we were staying at this AirBnB and I was seriously in love with the property. It wasn't ridiculously hot yet and I was able to get in a lot of time in the pool, floating around, trying to appease my nausea.

Because at this point, I'm pretty sure this kid was trying to torture me just for the fun of it

Because at this point, I'm pretty sure this kid was trying to torture me just for the fun of it. I was exhausted, queasy, and hormonal all the time, but at the same time, I couldn't wait to meet my sweet pea.

Another source of my torture came in the form of my mother, who decided to 'pop up' for a weeklong visit, still is unaware of the fact that I was now 11-weeks pregnant.

I had just come back from my third trip to the bathroom, and it was getting harder and harder to hide the fact that this pregnancy was kicking my ass.

It's not like we were keeping it from people on purpose, we just wanted to get to the second trimester before we made an announcement, knowing the paparazzi were going to be up our asses about the whole thing.

I knew there'd be some type of speculation about Matty's involvement, so Shawn and I agreed that I'd talk to Matty to give him a heads up before the news broke.

Shawn did tell me that he let it slip to Amber that I was pregnant, but that was the last time they spoke and since she hadn't resurfaced, and that was perfectly fine with me.

"You okay, honey?" she asked as I sat back down across from her in the living room.

"Yeah... I think it might've been that leftover corned beef I ate for breakfast."