Prologue - Crash Landing

Somewhere over the Kingdom of Vale....

3rd POV

A bright white light engulfs the skies. Out of the flash of light comes the Southern Cross. The train speeds through the cloudy skies for a brief minute before slowing down. The train itself appears battered and damaged from a recent battle. Dents and claw marks line various parts of the engine and coaches with the turret car showing the most damage with its first turret missing one of two twin gun barrels. The cabooses windows are either cracked or shattered completely.

Inside the engine's cab, two boys sit on different sides of the engine. A 5'11" tall (h/c) boy with (e/c) eyes wearing blue skinny jeans, a white t-shirt, and a (f/c) leather vest, sits in the drivers seat with his right hand on the throttle. This is (y/n) (l/n), the driver and captain of The Southern Cross and its crew. (y/n) leans back on his drivers seat as he begins collecting himself after the fight, chase, ambush, and emergency teleport he had ordered Price to activate so they could escape the grimm that ambushed them in an oddly coordinated attack. He looks over to check on the other boy who is inside the cab with him, Price.

Across from (y/n) on the other side of the cab, Price lays back in the fireman's seat as far back as he can go. He closes his eyes as he begins taking very deep breaths, trying to get his body to relax after pushing his semblance towards its absolute limit. Price's black leather jacket along with the white v-neck shirt inside is drenched in sweat as a result of working his body hard during their previous battle. His brown cargo shorts were a bit torn up as well.

(Y/N)'s POV

Ughhh. My head is killing me... I stuck my head out the cab window to try and get an idea of where we were. I knew having Price teleport us and the train away from those griffons would be a gamble as to where exactly we ended up. He hasn't gotten far enough into mastering his semblance yet.

I look down and see what appears to be a forest. I grab a pair of binoculars I keep in the small storage compartment under my seat and look out. I see a pack of beowolves below us but we were high enough in the sky to where they didn't pose a threat to us at the moment as long as the train's gravity dust supplies were not compromised. I look around a bit more and it just keeps getting better; if that is even the appropriate word for the situation we are in right now. Heh, more grimm ranging from Ursai to King Taiijitus with the occasional death stalker. Greeeatttt...

I adjust the settings to get a closer look at an old structure we are approaching.

(Y/N) - "Well if sitting through history class looking over a bunch of maps and books taught me one thing, that specific temple gives me the feeling we are over the Emerald Forest." No wonder the presence of grimm is higher than usual.

I check the status of the trains gravity dust levels in the engine and cars on my scroll. As long as we don't run into anymore trouble until we can find a safe place to get back on ground level, we should be fine as far keeping ourselves airborne was concerned. Then I turn my attention over to Price.

(Y/N) - "Price! Price! How are you holding up?"

Price - *groans but slowly sits himself back up* "I've been better.....let's..just..*breathes in then out multiple times*....not do that again okay?"

(Y/N) - "At least we got away from those grimm. Not to mention Captain Steroids and that fancy pants friend of his. What were their names again? I was too busy trying not to get flattened so I wasn't paying too much attention. And is it just me or were those grimm way too coordinated and strategic in their attacks against us?"

Price - "I thought so too. The guy I fought addressed the big guy as Hazel but that is all I remember. Someone was definitely calling the shots with those griffons. I've never seen or heard of grimm attacking like that."