Chapter 9: The Stray

3rd POV - Team RWBY's Dorm

Team RWBY was just waking up and getting ready for the day ahead of them. Weiss ended up waking everyone up early as she was insistent on going out into Vale today. Yang was currently brushing out her hair, Blake was reading one of her books, Weiss was playing around on her scroll, and Ruby was finishing getting dressed.

Yang: Remind me again why we are getting up this early when it is a weekend?

Weiss: So we can see what is happening with the Vytal Festival!

Yang: It hasn't even started yet! It's just boring set up!

Blake: Yeah Weiss, I'm not sure what you're hoping to see exactly.

Weiss: We need to get out anyway so this is the perfect excuse to do so.

Ruby: I still would rather be sleeping in my bed.

Weiss: Hush, you!

Yang: Well I'm good to go. So are we going or what?

Ruby: Should we see if JNPR or STAR would want to join us?

Yang: JNPR already had plans elsewhere. Not sure about STAR though.

Ruby: Then let's go ask them. I'm sure (y/n) and Price could use a breather the most right now.

Blake: What do you mean?

Ruby: Weeelllll, (y/n) has to serve a few detentions for going after Cardin during the field trip and they pulled another late night in (y/n)'s workshop.

Weiss: That dunce is lucky he didn't get a harsher punishment.

Yang suddenly zips next to Weiss and leans in close to her.

Yang: Speaking of which.....what's going on between you two?

Weiss: With who?

Yang: Don't play innocent with me Weiss cream! I'm talking about how you've been acting around (Y/N) lately.

Weiss: *annoyed* What are you even talking about?!

Yang: Come on Weiss, it's so obvious. I see it, Price sees it, Bruce sees it, Callie sees it, Blake sees it, even Rubes sees it! We see you checking him out.. *smirks*

Weiss: You have no proof!

Blake: You asked him to study with you and since then, you two have been studying together more lately.

Ruby: He's the only person you even allow to call you Ice Queen.

Yang: Without either getting literally frozen solid or yelled at might I add.

Weiss: That is not...!

Yang: And every time he is about to do something either reckless, dangerous, or straight up insane you immediately get riled up and try to stop him.

Weiss: I would do the same for you guys.

Ruby: You've been stealing glances towards his direction lately whenever he's around...

Weiss: I like to keep track of my surroundings!

Yang: Last week at lunch when Jaune tried hitting on you again, you blew him off with the Ice Queen treatment as usual but the minute (y/n) walked in and sat down you switched to what we call the "Snow Angel" whenever you two would be talking to each other.

Blake: Basically almost the complete opposite of what you were doing thirty seconds before that.

Yang: And do we really need to bring up the ice sculpture you made last month?