Chapter 7: Jaunedice

(Y/N)'s POV

The next few weeks was business as usual and eventually we settled into a routine. Classes were alright for the most part, minus having to listen to Port flex to the class about his youth. To be honest, combat class with Goodwitch is probably my favorite class cause it allows me to blow off some steam; within reason of course as Goodwitch sometimes will not hesitate to keep us in line when sparring. Mainly so things do not get out of hand.

My team and I eventually became with friends with team RWBY through our friendship with JNPR. Normally we'd each lunch together which kind of became a staple table at the academy. Needless to say there was never a dull moment whether it was Weiss being her Ice Queen self, Nora being too energetic for her own good, or Yang trying to flirt with Bruce any chance she got. It's actually funny to watch since Bruce is always this calm and collected guy like Ren except Yang manages to get him a little nervous whenever she hits on him.

Callie ended up unlocking her semblance last week while sparring with me in combat class. We were locked in a stalemate between Heart and Soul in katana mode and Sky Vault blocking my intended attack. She managed to push me back and grabbing my shoulder to throw me off balance allowed her to essentially copy my semblance and use it for her advantage. Before I knew it, we were fighting each other in the air almost against the ceiling because of both of us trying to out fly the other. Eventually Goodwitch called off the battle because neither of us could deal a finishing blow to other. I honestly underestimated her when it came to close combat.

We were in combat class as usual and we were watching Jaune spar against the neighborhood jackass, Cardin Winchester. It took me about a week to place his face. I mean, I blasted his teammates with scalding hot water and steam that would normally burn your face off if you didn't have aura so you tend to forget the face since you couldn't see it for a solid 60 seconds when you weren't exactly caring who was hassling you beforehand. Like, you would hopefully never see them again after the statement I made. Unfortunately for Jaune, the fight is not going well for him, it fact, I've yet to see him win a single match so far. And Cardin is clearly milking the easy win for whatever its worth. I should have volunteered to fight Cardin in Jaune's place so I can mop the floor with him my way.

Cardin: "This is the part where you lose."

Jaune: "Over my dead-!"

Jaune didn't even get to finish as Cardin knees him, making him drop his sword and fall on the ground. Cardin goes to raise his race and is about to slam it down on him but Goodwitch calls the match.

Glynda: "Cardin, that's enough! Students, as you can see, Mr. Arc's Aura has now dropped into the red. In a tournament-styled duel, this would indicate that Jaune is no longer fit for battle, and that the official may call the match. Mr. Arc, it's been weeks now. Please try to refer to your during combat. Gauging your Aura will help you decide when it's appropriate to attack, or when it is better to move to a more... defensive strategy. We wouldn't want you to be gobbled up by a beowolf, now, would we?"

Cardin: "Speak for yourself..."

I watch Cardin walk off the stage. Next time he's up on that stage. I'm gonna make sure he at least ends up being sent to the school nurse for a weekend's stay at the minimum. Price sees me narrow my eyes in thought while staring Cardin down.

Price: "You're scheming on how to pay him out aren't ya?"

(Y/N): "Planning an all expense paid vacation to the nearest hospital would be a better way to put it...."

Yang: "I thought you threatened him saying that if he tried any of his bullying again on you guys or anyone you would kick his butt?"

(Y/N): "He's on very thin ice with me. That's all I'm gonna say for now."