Birthdays (Part 1)

Two weeks passed since then and things hadn't changed.The two kept arguing ,ending up with their wands getting stolen by the other. That morning however,Hermione woke up to her alarm.It was a Saturday morning, how had she forgotten to turn the thing off. She got up and headed to the bathroom.She ran into the door, not realizing it was closed. She leaned against the Door and closed her eyes.She fell asleep but was awaken when she felt the door open and fell.She closed her eyes, waiting for the impact but she didn't hit the ground.She felt someone holding her arms so she wouldn't fall and opened her eyes. Holding her up was no one else but Draco Malfoy. "Trying to fall into my arms I see"Draco smirked at her as she stood up straight. "I fell asleep you git, shove off"She snapped. "No thank you? Very rude"He said as he crossed his arms,letting her fall. "As if you said thank you in your first lifeline"She snapped as she sat up. He rolled his eyes at her and left the bathroom as she closed the door. He flopped onto the master bed. It was WAYYYYYY softer then the one he'd made. He hadn't slept once on the bed since they'd moved into this place 19 days.He felt like today was something special but didn't know why. Probably his parents anniversary or something so he shrugged it off.He left the room and saw the Gryffindors there with Luna and turned right back around but they noticed him.

"Oh no you don't Malfoy!"Ginny snapped.

He groaned and turned around, giving her a bored expression. "What?"He snapped. "Today is 'Mione's birthday"Harry said, glaring at the blonde.So there was something special today. "And?"Draco asked. "And? AND! Draco Malfoy, You are helping us plan her surprise!"Ginny yelled.

"Potter you weren't supposed to get her pregnant before the wedding"Draco scowled at the Raven-haired boy, not sure whether the red-head was always this grumpy.

Ron glared at Harry suspiciously when Harry turned red in embarrassment.

"PREGNANT! ARE YOU CALLING ME FAT!?" Ginny shouted.

"Are you always moody then?"Draco sneered. "Anyway it's not much a surprise if you're screaming about it and by the way, I'm not helping, I couldn't care less about birthdays, especially Granger's"He added as he turned the doorknob.He entered his room and closed the door before any of them could speak.

Hermione left the bathroom and saw Draco head to the balcony. 'Now's my chance' she thought wickedly as she smirked. She went to the glass door and took out her wand. "accio wand"She muttered. His wand flew towards her and he tried to catch it and saw her.She smirked at him as he struggled to open the door after she locked it. "told you I'd get you back"She said loudly so he could hear her. He glared at her as he leaned against the door. "You're gonna pay Granger!"He snarled and she rolled her eyes before walking away. She waved him goodbye as she grabbed her clothes for the day and entered the bathroom to change.

He glared at her as she went and leaned against the railing.Then he saw the window,it was barely open.He smirked as he walked over to the window.He pushed it open more and climbed through it.He sat on the windowsill and thought of a way to scare her. Birthday scares you know.

He hid behind his trunk as she exited the bathroom.She looked smug and it annoyed him.She went over to the glass door, probably to tease him but she didn't see him.She spun around and saw him right infront of her. "That was a plain trick Granger"He sneered as he put his arms on either side of her on the door, as she glared at him. "How'd you get out"She snapped. "Like I'd tell you"He snarled before smirking. "You're gonna pay for it"He said softly. "Chicken"She rolled her eyes. "Chicken am I? I thought it was ferret"He smirked as he brought his face lower to hers. "I decide what I call you ferret"She snapped. He leaned down to her ear and muttered: "I'll let you pass for today, and today only because it's your birthday" before pulling away after smirking at her smugly as someone knocked on the door. She glared at Draco and crossed her arms as he opened the door.She had completely forgotten about her birthday and was confused on how her worst enemy had remembered it.

"what do I owe the pleasure for having Saint Potter at my doorstep"Draco said sarcastically. Harry peaked into the room and saw Hermione glaring at the blonde. "what did you do to Hermione"Harry snapped. "And what gives you the idea that I did something?"Draco asked with a smirk as he looked over his shoulder at the glaring brunette. "You're smirking like the git you are and she's glaring at you"Harry said as he glared at Draco. "It doesn't matter what I did, I should be the one glaring as I got locked out"Draco said. "out? Outside? what do you mean?" Harry asked. "I mean the balcony Potter"Draco snarled. "You have a balcony, how?"He asked. Draco rolled his eyes and closed the door on Harry.

"How'd you know it was my birthday?"Hermione snapped. "I don't think that matters"Draco snapped back as he leaned against the bedroom door. "Well I think it does"She said as she walked away from the glass door. "Weaselette will be sad her little secret is out"He said. "She's planning something for my birthday isn't she" Hermione groaned. "You gryffindorks and your big hearts"Draco said with a roll of his eyes. "It's better than being cold hearted and wanting everyone dead"She snapped. "Better them dead than them talk"He snapped back. They glared at each other,both arms crossed. "I'm gonna lock you out later"Draco said. "And I have to do it twice"Hermione snapped as she dropped her arms. "You don't have to, you're just jealous that your first attempt failed" He smirked at her. "that's nothing to be jealous of"She glared at him. "then you're positively pissed off that I was able to lock you up for more then two hours while yours barely lasted 2 minutes"He said.

"which reminds me"Draco added as he walked over to her. She stepped back but he grabbed her arms so she couldn't move away. "where's my wand" He asked. "I threw it out the bathroom window"She smirked as she struggled to get free. "Granger"He warned as he glared at her. "Go check for yourself then"She shrugged.He let go of her arms and headed to the bathroom to check.She smirked smugly to herself as she left the room, knowing fully well he wouldn't find it as it was still with her.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY"Her friends screamed as she entered the commen room. Hermione smiled at them as she sat down. "Why so loud?"They heard a groan as a door closed.Turning their heads, they saw Astoria,Pansy,Blaise and Theo walking in. "It's called celebrating Rats"Ron snapped and the four glared at him. "celebrating what? being loud?"Blaise snapped. "A birthday"Luna said brightly as she smiled at the four. "who's birthday?"Pansy asked.Ginny nodded towards Hermione who was too busy thinking to realize. "what's going on in your head 'Mione?"Harry asked. She smiled at him as she zoned back in. "You'll see"She said. "What're you talking-"Ron was asking when they heard a door swing open.

"Granger hand it over"Draco snapped as he walked towards them. "I told you I threw it out"Hermione smirked. "what's happening?"Theo asked as the rest of the people in the commen room stared between the two. "I know you didn't throw it out, give me it or I'll hex you"Draco snarled, ignoring his friend. "Don't you require a wand to do that?"She asked.

He glared at her. "Give.it"He snapped. "don't.have it"Hermione snapped back. "maybe go check the balcony?"She suggested. "Maybe it's being hanged"She added. "If I don't find my wand there, I will throw you off that balcony"He snapped before going back to their room.They looked at her as she took out her wand and his. "You stole Draco's wand"Astoria more stated then asked. Hermione levatied his wand and stuck it over their door. "Why do you have his wand?" Ron asked as he stared at her suspiciously. "There's nothing going on Ronald"Hermione snapped. "How do you have a balcony?"Harry asked. "You guys don't have one?"She asked.The rest shook their heads. "Well the balcony just appeared out of nowhere on our second day here"She shrugged.

"So Draco might actually throw you off the balcony"Pansy said. "I will"They heard as Draco stormed out. "you really are dimwitted" Hermione said as she pointed towards his wand. "That thing has been following you around and yet you still haven't noticed"She lied.The other slytherins gaped at her lie. The Gryffindor Princess lying. Draco glared at her. "I'm gonna force feed you poison later"He snarled before going to get his wand as Hermione rolled her eyes.

The gryffindors and Luna headed down to breakfast as the Slytherins stayed behind. "I'd like to know how Granger got your wand"Blaise smirked as he sat down. "It doesn't matter Zabini" Draco snapped. "It does Malfoy"Blaise said. "How did you get a balcony?"Astoria asked. "Father paid for it"Draco said. "He told me last week, saying his son deserved best"He rolled his eyes. "You'd usually be happy about that"Theo said. "You know my opinion of him has changed Nott, anyway, it causes to much trouble"Draco said. "Is that how Granger stole your wand?"Blaise asked. Draco glared at him. "I locked her out once 3 weeks ago and she did the same this morning but failed.She still took my wand as I did when I locked her out"He said. "Romantic love"Pansy said sarcastically and Draco glared at her. "We won't speak of this"He snarled.