Rumours

Hermione shook Draco up the next morning. "Draco! Get up! There's something wrong with Luna!"She snapped. His eyes fluttered open and he sat up slowly. "What happened?"He asked. He saw her grabbing a white T-shirt and jeans before she answered. "Blaise said that Luna wouldn't wake up so Madam Pomfrey Came And Said Luna had a dangerously high fever. They took her to the hospital wing, and Blaise is in the commen room waiting for you up because he is too terrified to go alone"She Said swiftly, putting her hair in a high ponytail before heading to the bathroom to change. Draco got up quickly and grabbed a t-shirt and a pair of sweatpants, changing into them. Hermione came out barely a minute later and they went to the commen room together. "Theo went with Blaise, he was faster"Harry Told them. "Where's the rest?"Hermione Asked. "They all went down"Harry Said.

Entering the Hospital wing, they found everyone (not Lauren as she was being sorted) waiting. "Any updates?" Hermione Asked. "It's been 10 minutes" Blaise groaned. "Is it just a fever?"Draco asked, sitting beside him. "Madam Pomfrey said that she's having difficulty breathing" Ginny answered. "She seemed fine yesterday, she was bouncing around with excitement at finding out she was having a boy" Hermione said, sitting down beside Ginny. Madam Pomfrey walked towards them and they all looked over. "Ms.Lovegood has Pneumonia"She stated. "What's Pneumonia?"Ron Asked. "Pneumonia is an infection that causes air sacs in the lungs. They could fill with fluid or pus. Pneumonia can also cause a fever, which is probably the answer to her high fever"Hermione explained.

Madam Pomfrey Smiled, glad that Hermione knew so much. "Yes, and the high fever is the reason why she won't wake up. It was wise of you Mr.Zabini to get help right away, as something terrible could've happened to her and the baby if you had delayed it"Madam Pomfrey Added. "But other then that, will she be alright?"Ginny asked. "We're not sure, we can only wait for her to wake up"The matron Said. "I suggest you go get something to eat and I'll call you back if there's something new" She told. Blaise shook his head. "I'm not leaving"He said. "Mate you have to eat"Theo told him. "I'm not leaving Luna"He snapped. "We'll get you some food from the kitchens"Astoria Said. Blaise Nodded And as the rest of them got up, they heard the door open.

"Why are you all here? Is someone ill?"Lauren Asked. Hermione clenched her fists. She had forgotten Lauren. "We were just leaving"Hermione snapped bitterly. Lauren glared at her. "I don't appreciate your tone"Lauren Said. "And I don't appreciate your presence"Hermione smiled mockingly. "What's your problem Granger!"Lauren snapped. "What's my problem? WHATS MY-" Hermione began but Draco interrupted, grabbing her wrist as he did. "You know what you're doing Mandie"He snarled. He walked out, dragging Hermione behind him and soon followed the rest of their dorm mates. Lauren Rolled her eyes, watching them all leave. "Zabini-"She started. "I won't talk to someone who was sent to ruin my best friend's life"Blaise snapped coldly. Lauren scoffed and turned on her heel,storming out of the hospital wing.

"I can't believe that twit"Hermione growled as they headed to the kitchens. "Hermione calm down, she's gone"Harry Said. "No! You should've seen what she did last night!"Hermione snapped. "What happened?"Ginny Asked. "Mandie thought it was easy to win Draco. She wore a lingerie last night as she sat in the commen room, no doubt waiting for Draco"Pansy explained. "lingerie?"Ron repeated. "She got a surprise didn't she, seeing as I wasn't him, luckily she covered herself up before Draco Came"Hermione Rolled her eyes.

"So She got dressed up to lure you?"Theo Asked. "Seemed like it"Draco Said. "And it's not like she always does it alone, she had two cups full of wine and one was left alone for a whole 10 minutes as she kept refilling the other"Hermione snarled. They entered the kitchens and got the food before heading back. "Wait, Where's Astoria?"Hermione Asked. "She has a family reunion today"Theo Said. "Aren't you supposed to be there?"Draco Asked. "Mate, you know her family, you think I want to meet the rest of them?"Theo Asked. "Astoria doesn't mind though, Her aunt doesn't really approve of me, I've met her twice and all she does is tell Astoria she could do better"He shrugged.

"That's depressing"Ron scoffed. "I can relate"He added.

After waiting most of their day in the hospital wing, They all head out to get some work done. Madam Pomfrey had promised that the second Luna woke up, she'll tell them. As they walked towards their dorm, they saw people look at them before whispering to their friends. "Oi Granger! How does it feel to know Malfoy has a second choice?"A 7th year Hufflepuff called to her. The people around them began to snicker as Hermione stopped In her tracks. "Oi Katren! How does it feel to know your being threatened?" Hermione snapped back. "I'm not being threat-"Michael Katren began before the lamp over his head shattered. Him and his friends ran away before anything else to happen; though Hermione was glad to see a piece of glass had cut his shoulder.

"How- how'd you do that?" Ron asked. "Ron, you out of all people should know how Strong Hermione's magic is"Ginny rolled her eyes. "So strong to do wandless magic?"Ron asked. "I've been doing it for a month now, anyway, I need a chat with dear old Lauren"Hermione muttered angrily before storming off. "Should we be considered?"Blaise asked. "Last time she had a chat with Lavender, she ended up in the hospital wing with a broken nose"Harry remembered.

Hermione saw Lauren talking to a group of Slytherin girls. Daphne Greengrass, Tracey Davis, Millicent Bulstrode, along with some others. "Ya so I'm Draco's second choice, let's just hope he chooses me instead of that mudblood"She heard Lauren say. Hermione glared at Lauren's head. Suddenly it turned an aqua blue. "Umm, your hair"Millicent pointed out. Daphne handed her a mirror and Lauren shrieked before she saw Hermione in the background. She spun around and Hermione smirked at her. "Aww what happened?" Hermione asked. "What did you do to my hair!"Lauren yelled. "I didn't do anything, I just think I made it better"Hermione shrugged. "Stop it! Change my hair back!"Lauren snapped. "I'll think about it, maybe then you'll remember to Not spread lies so early into your school year"Hermione said. Suddenly Lauren started laughing. "Oh! So this is about me being Draco's second choice huh?"Lauren said. "You're second for a reason Mandie"Hermione sneered.

"Well at least Draco knows He'll always have someone on the side if you aren't good enough"Lauren giggled. "So you're just gonna wait on one boy your whole life? That's sad Mandie, and by the way, McGonagall is already working on finding you a mate. I put in a suggestion you know, I think you'll absolutely love it"Hermione smiled mockingly. "What are you talking about?"Lauren asked, all humour put aside. "Well since most people are already engaged, McGonagall was thinking about Putting you with someone above the age line. Probably in their late 30s and 40s"Hermione smirked. "And by the way, stay away from Draco, that's a warning sweetie"She added, before walking away.

The threat Hermione had placed scared Lauren Mandie. She knew how liked Hermione Granger was, nobody would pick her over Hermione. She also knew how powerful Hermione was, not just magically powerful, politically Powerful! She was friends with the minister of magic! Lauren calmed herself down. She just had to bribe Draco into liking her. She was rich, Hot, and pure blood, the exact opposite of Hermione Granger (in her mind). So she just had to be careful on how she would make Draco fall in love with her, easy.

Hermione returned to the commen room, finding the rest of her friends there. "You took awhile"Ginny said. "Tell me, is anyone in the hospital wing?"She asked. "I'm not that wild Ginny" Hermione rolled her eyes. "I just put down a threat and a few options"She added. "That explains why her hair turned blue?"Blaise asked. Hermione looked at them confused, she'd done it barely 5 minutes ago. "She ran in here crying"Harry told her. How'd she get here before me? Hermione questioned. "You know there's secret passageways right?"Draco told her. Hermione rolled her eyes. "These rings are getting kind of boring"Hermione said. Draco smirked at her before going back to focusing on his work.

They stayed most of the day working before they got a Patronus. "Luna Lovegood has awaken, come quick"