Chapter 19

Either Draco was flying at the best of his abilities, or he was purposely doing his worst. 

Either way, I was having the time of my life. At first, I had been reluctant to get behind him, considering how physically close we would be. But two words, accompanied by a smirk, had been enough to change my mind. "Scared, Collins?"

Now, I was torn between holding on to Draco for dear life or letting go and putting my hands in the air like in a roller coaster. 

I threw my head back and laughed, tightening my grip on Draco's waist, my winter cloak flapping in the wind. We looped and spun, weaving in and out of the trees. My hair had become undone at some point, it whipped freely at my face forcing me to tuck it behind the boy, my cheek pressing against his back. 

Little by little, we slowed our pace, until we were flying back towards the school, heading for the highest tower. I peeked over his shoulder, realizing that the roof had one flattened section, as if it was an inaccessible balcony.

"There is a firepit on the roof," I noticed, confused. "Why is there a firepit on the roof?"

Draco only chuckled, landing on the roof with a slight thump and allowing me to dismount. 

I breathed deeply, letting the fresh air enter my lungs. The air was cold, but its bite was refreshing. I could get used to this clean air; it felt much better than the smoke filled air of London. 

While the silver haired boy muttered spells under his breath to light a fire, I took my phone out of my cloak pocket and prayed, turning it on. 

I squealed in delight as the screen lit before quickly slapping a hand over my mouth. 

That was too loud for my liking. With my luck, Draco had heard me. But he made no sound. 

I focused on the device in my hand as the boy walked up behind me, watching my every movement with some sort of perplexed fascination.

"What kind of magic is this?" he asked, resting his chin on the top of my head.

I hated being short.

"Science."

"A wizard must have invented this," he said. "No muggle is smart enough for this."

I spun around sharply, pushing him back.

"Of course not," I responded coolly. "It's as impossible as a muggle earning 200 points for the Slytherin house in only four months."

Draco ran his hand through his hair, refusing to acknowledge my glare. "I... I didn't mean that. You're one of the smartest in sixth year."

I stayed silent.

"It's...difficult," he tried to explain, tripping over his words. "To try and go against things that have been engraved inside your brain for your whole childhood."

I sighed, looking down at my phone and realizing I only had 30% left. "I'm bringing you to muggle London one of these days."

The prospect made him smile. I tapped my parent's phone number and took a deep breath. 

I was nervous.

"Here goes nothing," I whispered, pressing the phone to my ear.

It rang once, twice, and my mother picked up. "Hello?"

I smiled. "Hi, mom."

She squealed and yelled, "Honey, grab the other phone! It's our little girl!"

I laughed, sitting down by the fire as my mother chatted happily, telling me how happy she was to hear my voice. My father soon joined in, his soft voice a stark contrast to my mother's.

𝐃𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐫 𝐃𝐞𝐥𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥?
〚𝚍𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚕𝚏𝚘𝚢