Chapter 24

"Higher!" screeched Urquhart, as I tightened my grip on my broom, trying not to slip despite the pouring rain.

I wiped my eyes, attempting to see clearer through the storm. 

It was horrible, we barely could see the quaffle until it was a few centimetres from your face and had no idea whether or not we were close to the ground. 

I swerved, narrowly avoiding a bludger that had been hit in a random direction. My arms were shaking mad, I could barely feel my hands, but I held on tight, determined to get through this.

"Urquhart, this is madness!" yelled a chaser, looking left and right, trying to spot our captain.

"Malfoy, can't you see the snitch! It's right in front of you!" Charles' voice came from somewhere above me.

"Apologies, Urquhart, I'm slightly busy making sure you lot of idiots aren't blowing away!" shouted Draco, zipping past me.

I whirled around, destabilized by the wind howling in my ears. 

Even though I was drenched, I most definitely did not want to be the first one to quit, but with the amount of complaints shouted, I don't think I would be considered a weakling. If so, I would have to punch them in the face to try and shake some sense into them. 

I swerved, a gust of wind knocking me off the pitch. 

This was pure madness, we were going to get killed if we did not get to the ground soon. 

Why Snape allowed us to practice, I have no idea, but I wasn't suicidal.

"Charles!" I yelled, hoping my voice would reach him. "If you want to murder us, try using a knife, it'll be much quicker!"

"I'd like a good killing curse, right about now!" agreed one of the beaters as his bat flew out of his hands, soaring under my broom.

"We ain't gonna beat Gryffindor with half the team injured!"

"Fine!" howled Charles, defeated. "Get to the ground!"

I dove, which was a dangerous move, considering how unstable I was. I crashed unto the ground, rolling in the muddy field until I was able to rise shakily to my feet.

"Lovely," I muttered under my breath, making sure my broom was intact. 

I brushed my fingers over my broom, making sure it was still in good shape. I winced, noticing a few dents into the wood. 

An arm wrapped itself around my shoulders, warmth seeping through my skin.

"Quite a fall you had there," said Draco.

I shivered, my lips stretching into a smile, stiffened by the cold. "Watching out for me, are you? How adorable."

"Hilarious, darling, truly hilarious."

I couldn't help but notice how he did not contradict me. Sheltered against him, the storm did not feel as bad.

"Rose, are you alright?" asked Urquhart, hurrying towards me.

Draco let go of me, looking away as if embarrassed. I felt cold again, and had a strange sinking feeling at the bottom of my stomach.

"Don't worry about me, captain," I reassured him, trying to read Draco's eyes as discreetly as possible.

But Charles grabbed my arm, dragging me away from him.

"Let's get you guys warmed up," he said loudly, leading the way for the rest of the quidditch team.

...................

Sitting in front of a blazing fire, I slowly began to feel more comfortable, and able to move my fingers and toes. 

𝐃𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐫 𝐃𝐞𝐥𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥?
〚𝚍𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚕𝚏𝚘𝚢