Chapter 40

Madam Pomfrey was dead set on keeping me trapped in the infirmary for at least a week, and laughing out loud when she had said so had only strengthened her resolve. 

Perhaps I had seemed slightly deranged. 

But as I've repeatedly proved in the past, I was stubborn, and determined not to spend the end of the year in bed. Not to forget that I needed to study for the NEWT exams. 

After having walked in when Draco and I were still sleeping, she had ushered him away from the infirmary, leaving me without visitors and quite worried about my friends. 

It took a long discussion about medicinal plants, an argument on the importance of exams and a few pleading looks of a girl that was soon going to be sent back to the muggle world in order to get Madam Pomfrey to let me leave. 

Before running out of there, I asked for Charles, who had been more affected by the Dementors then I had thought. He was in another room in the infirmary. 

I nearly knocked down the door in my haste, startling the boy laying down on a white bed. "Charles!"

I threw my arms around him, hugging him tightly.

"Are you ok?" he asked, disoriented. "Folks were saying you battled the Dark Lord himself!"

"I'm alright, I'm alright," I assured him, refusing to let him go.

"They cancelled the quidditch finals," he grimaced. "Shame. We won though."

I moved back, smiling slightly. "You better invite me to your quidditch matches when you join a team."

He grinned, looking like his normal self. "Sure thing. We'll invite a few people to train together."

I rolled my eyes. "Will you try and murder us again?"

He tried looking offended. "Please, practices are just stimulating enough to improve your skills."

I laughed, rubbing the top of his head with affection. At that moment, a head peaked through the door, smiling dreamily.

"No wizard is strong enough to best you," Luna stated, as if the fact was obvious.

I smiled brightly as she opened her arms, engulfing me in a hug. I breathed in her lavender perfume, happy beyond words for her simple presence. 

Hermione hesitantly entered the room, smiling apologetically towards the dark haired boy sitting in bed who looked quite amused. 

I beckoned her forward, Ginny running into the room at the same time. Held together by their hug, I allowed myself to relax, the worry slowly exiting my system and leaving me drained from the energy I had collected. 

As we moved away from one another, I took notice of Potter and Weasley's presence. Not to forget Draco, who was leaning against the doorframe, smiling softly.

"Did I miss a family reunion?" he asked teasingly.

Harry rubbed his forehead, trying to ignore him. 

But to no avail. Draco took a few steps towards him and his best friend.

"Listen, Potter. I made mistakes, several of them. But I want to fix them. And I'll start with this." He held out his hand and gritted his teeth, his pride stepping down. "I apologize." He looked around the room. "To all of you."

Luna tilted her head to the side.

"Family allegiances are confusing, aren't they?" she said in her dreamy voice. "You deserve to be happy too."

Her words made me inexplicably happy. 

Potter stared at his hand for another moment before sighing and grasping it, giving it a good shake. "Don't make me regret this, Malfoy."

𝐃𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐨𝐫 𝐃𝐞𝐥𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥?
〚𝚍𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚘 𝚖𝚊𝚕𝚏𝚘𝚢