Father or Traitor

Third Person POV
All the Avengers' had wanted was some takeout and a quiet night after a particularly grueling mission. But no, Nat had to bring back a literal toddler with a chihuahua like anxiety disorder.

They could all admit that he'd fit in quite well.

When Clint came back out of the kid's hospital room, all of his teammates looked to him for information on the little boy that had turned Natasha into a mom. The archer's face was pale and guilty, not what they had expected after the whole 'exorcism' joke that they didn't know wasn't a joke.

"So what's going on with the kid and why is Natashalie acting like Cap anytime someone talks bad about Frosty the Metal Man?" Tony asked immediately after Clint got into the hall.

Clint looked up at the group, a bit of color returning to his ashen face. "That was legitimately the cutest child I have ever seen and I have three. You could tell all of them and my opinion would still not change."

All of his friends thought he was joking-a habit they really need to get out of- and continued questioning Hawkeye on the kid.

"Why did you look so scared when you came out? Did he try to choke you with his pacifier?" Pietro chuckled at his own joke, his sister looking at him incredulously. How was she related to this idiot?

Clint coughed a bit, looking down at his fidgeting fingers before gazing back at his team. "The kid has powers."

A majority of the group choked on air. The rest gave them a minute. Clint was secretly wishing Pietro was choking on a pacifier instead, but decided to be content with what he got.

Bucky recovered first. "W-what do you mean powers?"

Clint scowled at the line of questioning. "I mean the kid flipped out when he saw the room and apparently I said something to set him off because he started crying and started crawling on the f-ing ceiling."

Tony pressed the heels of his hands into his eyes and sighed. "Jesus Christ, a human anxiety disorder with Cirque de Soleil superpowers. What's next, does he have tragic daddy issues too?"

All of the Avengers-including the one Tony was married to-considered strangling him at that point in time.

"Yes he does. Bruce just did a DNA test with the blood he drew when the kid was asleep and apparently he's an orphan," Nat said as she left the room with a toddler clutching onto her hand like a lifeline.

The group regretted doubting Clint. This was the most adorable human being they had ever seen in their lives. They all had the sudden urge to pet his brown, unruly curls, but no one acted on it.

Nat gazed down at the boy who looked back up at her with poorly disguised fear in his eyes. After whispering a few words of encouragement to him, the assassin once again addressed her friends. "His name is Peter Parker and he's three years old. We can discuss everything else once I get him to sleep. Bruce said he was exhausted so I'm gonna put him in the empty room across from mine. Is that ok with you?" She once again looked down to Peter for her last question.

The doe eyed boy nodded and allowed Nat to guide him to his new room as the Avengers watched.

Almost in sync, every person in the room said, "That one's mine."

It was a long night.
—————————————————————————
I can legitimately feel my body going through the metamorphosis necessary for turning me into a human cheezit. They have been my diet for the past two months and at this point I'm just deciding what flavor I want to turn into.

Miss Keisha? MISS KEISHA!
-spidey