Muscle Pancakes

Peter's POV
Peter didn't know why he trusted the man with the metal arm and the lady with fire for hair so much, but he couldn't help it. He felt connected to them right after meeting them, and his spidey sense said he was safe. It had never lied to him before, so why would it start now?

Bucky and Nat led him over to the big table in the middle of the kitchen and sat him down in an empty chair. Once the two adults had sat down on either side of him they realized that Peter couldn't see over the table. He pouted a bit at all of the abnormally tall people. There really wasn't one short person there?

After that thought crossed his mind, a man with spiked brown hair and a strange looking beard walked in. Peter grinned. That one's short too!

A brunette lady with pretty eyes and a leather jacket snorted from the other end of the table, it looked like coffee was about to come out of her nose. Peter tilted his head whenever she whispered something to a white haired man and he burst into raucous laughter. What was so funny?

While Peter was trying to use his super hearing to find out what they were saying, he felt hands on his sides and immediately tensed up. He was lifted out of his seat and placed into Bucky's lap so he could see above the table. The man looked down at him and grinned at how fascinated the young boy looked at being so high up.

Peter looked over at Nat and realized she looked a little upset whenever she looked at him and Bucky, so he made grabby hands towards her as he reckoned she wouldn't be able to hear him over all of the chatter.

Nat immediately slid into Peter's vacated seat and furrowed her brows. "What is it, my little spider monkey?"

Peter just shrugged. "You looked sad over there, so maybe you'll be happy over here!"

Peter froze immediately when he realized what he had done. He hadn't spoken a full sentence in a long time. The bad men used to trick him into speaking so that they had an excuse to hurt him, so he usually stuck to nonverbal communication. But his fear fizzled away at the expression on the redhead's face.

Natasha's entire being softened at Peter's words and a soft smile appeared on her face. The young boy giggled at his accomplishment and grabbed Nat's hand to make sure she wouldn't feel sad again. He didn't want the nice lady to be sad.

Peter had enough sad for all of them.

When Peter thought that, he saw the brunette lady from before gasp and grab white hair's hand. Before he could try and listen in someone asked him a question.

"So, Petey, what do you want for breakfast?"

Peter started panicking. What if this was a test? The bad men gave him tests all the time and he got punished when he failed. He didn't want to be punished again.

Bucky must of realized the question scared him because he started to rub Peter's belly in soothing circles, calming his breathing. "It's ok Petey, nothing's gonna happen to you here. You don't have to decide if you don't want to, I'll just give you a little bit of everything, ok?"

After his breathing slowed, Peter let out a little 'ok' before burrowing back into Bucky's chest and squeezing Nat's hand harder.

He heard a plate being placed in front of him and warily looked up from his hiding place to see the entire room looking at him. The spider boy looked over to Natasha with pleading eyes.

"Will you guys stop staring at my baby spider, you're making him uncomfortable."

Peter rubbed her hand with his thumb as thanks.

"I'm gonna introduce you to everyone while you're eating Petey. Buck can you help him eat?" Natasha directed the last part at the soldier who gave a nod and started cutting up Peter's food.

Bucky fed the boy while Nat made introductions. It turns out that short man was named Tony, brunette lady and white hair were Wanda and Pietro, and the blond man that was in his room last night was Clint.

Peter didn't necessarily enjoy being fed, but he had no clue how to use a fork and knife so he endured it. He didn't know what he was eating so he worked up the courage to ask.

"Mr. Bucky sir," he said quietly.

Bucky leaned down next to the boy and motioned for him to continue.

"Why do these pancakes have muscles?"

Peter saw the man's face turn amused and his lips press together tightly, though he didn't know why. Bucky looked up to man Peter had learned was named Steve only to see him chuckling under his breath. It looked like he was trying to hold in a bigger laugh.

The White Wolf looked up to the ceiling and inhaled deeply before looking back down at the child in his lap. "These are waffles, Petey. The little squares hold toppings and things."

Peter's mouth made a little 'o' in realization. He liked the muscle pancakes. He would remember to ask for waffles the next time he was asked to pick his breakfast.
———————————————————————————
I know this chapter is stupid but I got the idea from another fic that I can't remember the name of, so if you find it please tell me.

Why is your report card on the ceiling?
-spidey