A Hero

Third Person POV
Peter was so excited. He got a superhero suit! He could be just as cool as Uncle Tony and Uncle Steve and Bucky and Nat and everyone!

The toddler closed the door to his room and quickly stripped off his grease and oil stained clothes and put on his new hoodie and some black track pants that Uncle Pietro had gotten him. Peter loved it.

The bad men had tried to turn him into one of them, and he always thought that they would succeed, especially with all of the stuff they made him do. He thought he was already a bad guy. But now, he knew that his favorite people thought he was a hero.

Peter had never had a family. He didn't know what the word meant until he asked Bucky after hearing it in a conversation, actually. But now, now he had one. They weren't related, not really, but he loved them like they were. Peter would never tell them this, but he thought of Bucky and Natasha as his mommy and daddy. He knew that Bucky was dating Uncle Steve and Nat didn't like people in that way, but that didn't change anything. They were his parents.

Peter was admiring his new clothes in the mirror when it happened.

He heard the window behind him break.

He felt the glass shards pierce his skin.

He heard FRIDAY blaring the intruder alarm.

He felt himself scream.

He felt their hands on him.

And then he felt the familiar pinch of the needle, and the feeling of unconsciousness take over his body.

I'm not that mean I'm not gonna stop it there. Now suffer through the Avengers losing their baby.

Natasha knew that things were going too well. That something bad was going to happen soon, that she didn't deserve the happiness Peter brought her. But she had desperately hoped that she would be the one to suffer, not her little spider monkey.

But the universe was cruel, and that didn't happen.

She was fixing up Peter's plate when the alarm went off, making sure not to let his food touch because it grossed him out. He wouldn't say anything about it because he was scared of hurting her feelings, though. Nat grinned softly at the thought.

That grin dropped quickly, though, when she heard the alarm blaring. Her and Bucky immediately darted to Peter's room.

She had never felt this kind of fear in her life. Nat wouldn't realize until later that it was the fear of a parent losing their child.

Throwing the door open, Nat felt nauseous at what she saw. There was glass covering the floor, and a syringe beside Peter's little bed. It looked so out of place beside his superhero bedspread.

Ignoring the others in the room, Natasha dropped to her knees. She distantly felt the glass cutting into the skin of her knees, hands on her shoulders, voices trying to comfort her through their own tears.

Her baby was gone. Her little boy, her Peter, her son had been taken by the very people she had promised to protect him from.

She had always thought the Red Room had made her into a monster. They had made her a murderer, an assassin, a horrible person. But they had also taken away her chance to start a family of her own, to have a child of her own.

But when she met Peter, all of that went away. That boy had been her child from the very beginning. He had been her son from the moment she found him on that subway. He had been her little Peter from the moment he was born, even if neither of them knew it.

So Natasha Romanoff cried.

At that moment, she wasn't Black Widow, infamous assassin and Avenger. She was a mother, a mother who had lost the most important thing in her life.

She had lost a piece of her heart.

And she would stop at nothing to get it back.
———————————————————————————
Ok, I know I suck at writing emotional stuff but I really tried. I'll try to get another chapter up today because I have a plan for the next few parts of the story.

What are those?!?
-spidey