Media

Third Person POV
The team was in a very murder-y mood

Some shortened-version-of-Richard had taken pictures of their spider baby and posted them all over the internet. And now multiple news outlets had created stories surrounding Peter. The most common one was that he was Tony's illegitimate son from his playboy days. It could easily be true considering the similarities between the two, so no one was surprised about that one.

They were surprised, though, when a story came out saying that the team had adopted a measly orphan in order to get back into the good graces of society after the whole accords situation.

Thor had to hold back Natasha after she read that one.

They were hiding all of this from Peter because they knew it would trigger his PTSD. He was already so scared of the 'bad men' finding him again, and this would only make it worse.

"We're gonna have to tell him at some point, Tony. The kid is a genius, he's going to figure out that something is wrong."

Stark rubbed his temples with his fingers. "I know that, Steve, but the kid is already screwed up in the head. He doesn't need anymore stress on his plate."

Tony would never admit it, but he saw himself in Peter. The PTSD, the anxiety, the genius, and most of all, the front he put up. Tony always used the cover of being a cocky, playboy billionaire, but Peter pretended he was older than he was. He acted like an adult even though he was barely old enough to be called a kid. He was basically a toddler for Odin's sake!

Both of them hid who they really were. And Tony so badly wanted to help him stop, but first he would have to help himself. And by god was he trying. He had thrown out his alcohol, cut down on his lab time, tried to get into a healthy sleep schedule, everything.

It was hard, but he did it for Peter. The kid they all thought of as their own.

Tony dug his palms into his eyes. "Ok, this is what we're gonna do. We're going to pretend nothing is happening, but if the kid figures it out, we tell him. One of us needs to try and be with him at all times in case someone gets up here by some miracle of Satan and scares him. One, two, three, go team, I'm going to sleep, goodnight."

He stood up from his seat and walked towards his room, leaving his team to roll their eyes at his behavior.

Stark was in the hall when he almost tripped over a mound on the floor.

"What the he-heck. Was definitely gonna say heck," he mumbled tiredly, reaching down to see what the bundle was.

He crouched down and rolled it over before realizing it was Peter. The boy blinked his eyes sleepily at the older man, yawning with a big stretch. Tony chuckled and placed the kid on his hip.

"What are you doing in here, Petey? It's past your bed time."

Peter looked down sheepishly. "I had a nightmare. It made me feel better knowing you guys were over there," he mumbled, his lisp more prominent in his tired state.

Tony softened at his words, and asked, "Do you want to stay with me tonight? I have nightmares too, and I'm sure Stephen won't mind sharing the bed."

Peter nodded shyly and tucked his head into Tony's neck. The older man chuckled and began the trek to his bedroom.

Once there, he tucked Peter and himself under the covers, letting the boy cuddle into his chest.

"Goodnight, Uncle Tony," he murmured quietly.

Tony grinned softly and clutched Peter closer to him. "Goodnight, kid."

That was how Strange found them. Peter with his head dug into Tony's chest, and Tony with his arms wrapped protectively around the boy.

"FRI, can you take a picture of this and send it to the group chat?"

"Of course, Wizard."

"Thank you, Friday."
———————————————————————————
Just found out that my aunt is pregnant with her first kid. I also predicted this pregnancy two months ago whenever I dreamed that she had a little girl that was born prematurely. She had her mom's hair and complexion, and only a little of her dad's face. In conclusion, my family now believes me when I say I'm mildly psychic.

Hi, welcome to...
-spidey