2. Nightmare

How could you leave us by NF

"Faithe, how are you? " She gently shifted on the bed so that she's facing me. She is smiling at me weakly.

       How is she still smiling? Isn't she supposed to hate life, especially with those tubings like connecting wires? They make her already pale self look like the cell in the circuit.

  "I-I'm f-fine. " I stuttered. I tried to hold in the tears.  If I have to be strong for her, I should be strong for myself. But how can I? She's in the hospital and on damn life support. It's really taking all of me not to storm out this time and hit the walls till my knuckles bleed, to scream my lungs out till I lose my voice.

      She spoke again, this time clearer, frailer and more gentle. "Faithe, I love you and your dad, take care of yourself ". She paused, trying not to cry.

    I know that she does love us, but that's not what I need to hear at this time, I need her to tell me she'll be fine, that she would come back home and be there for us.

   "I know Mom, I just want you to tell me that it'll be fine, stay with me please." I was almost close to my break point now.

     She looked at me with pain and love in her eyes. "Take care of yourselves." She whispered and her eyes fluttered shut.

     As soon as she stated those words, the loud beeping of the machine came to a halt. My eyes frantically moved about the medium sized room. I took her hand and tried to find her pulse, none.

           She was finally gone.

      In reality.

"No, no, no. " I screamed from my sleep. I was sweating and shivering although the A. C was on.

          My dad barged in "Are you okay? " He placed his right hand on my forehead.
       Do I look like it?

   "The nightmare" I replied shivering.

     "Again, I thought they stopped " He said concerned.

     "They never did"

  Dad looks over to me, a sign of worry across his face and pity? He shouldn't feel that way.  "Lemme pray for you"

    After praying, "What do we do now?" He asked.

     "If it's fine with you, you can stay here. You can go back to your room if I fall asleep. You don't have to stay if you don't." I murmured.

       "Alright, good night then." He got up to leave. I really didn't think that he was actually going to leave.

                    *       *       *       *       *

    I was unable to sleep later. I kept on tossing in bed until it was time for me to get up.

        Thankfully, it's a Saturday. I said a quick prayer. I went to brush my teeth and arranged the room before going to have my bath. As soon as I was done, I cleaned the house thoroughly before preparing breakfast for myself and my dad. I thereafter cleaned up the kitchen.

    I ate my meal of bread and akara in silence. When I was done, I tried to do my calculus assignment. Emphasis on tried. I decided to text my best friend since he was apparently good in it

    Me: Heyyy
   J: Hey, I know you're battling with calculus :)
  Me: How do you know?
  J: Let's say I'm your best friend
  M: Ik doofus. I had a nightmare
  J: Oh Faithe, I don't like you like like that, okay?
  M: Guy, who likes you? Thank God you know you're a nightmare.
   J: ok, what happened?

    I told him about the nightmare and he listened, because I called him.
    I want the nightmares to stop.

Ok, I think this is depressing *sniffs* My *sniffs* poor *sniffs* Faithe 😪😢😭
What? 😂😂 It's a nightmare. So cote- comment and vote.
   Toodles😘😘