9. Semilore

We finally got to Lagos after two hours. Traffic was mild today so no hassle.

     "Tobi oko mi, bawo ni? I hope Segun is taking good care of you." She says as she gives me one of those choking hugs. My other name is Tobiloba if you didn't remember and my father is Segun.

     "Good evening ma and I'm fine. What of Temidayo and Teniola?" I ask.

      "They are all fine. Temidayo isn't yet back from Canada. You know she's taking her masters degree right?"

     "Yes ma"

      Meet Mrs. Yemi Ogunleye, a renowned psychologist who lives with her family in Lagos. Married to a business mogul, Mr. Ogunleye. They're blessed with two children, Temidayo and Teniola, a.k.a the annoyed and annoying. The attend one of the popular churches, Living Faith Church in the same town. She works with a private firm. To cut the long story short, she's adorable.

      "Heyy!" Annoying flicked my head. "It's been so long, you couldn't even call."

         "I'm happy to see you too." I rolled my eyes.

   We both go to the sitting room.
"What t.v. station do I put it?" He asks

     "Movie zone or trybe is fine by me"

"Thought you were going to say zee world or telemundo." He chuckled.

"Nahh. When you start watching shows like that, including Korean films, you'll start daydreaming and fantasizing on something that can not happen in reality. No offence to the lovers though."

  "I totally agree." He replies.

"I'm going to get water" I said.

                   * * *
I saw aunty and my father walk in the direction to the dining.

        "Tobi make yourself comfortable o". She said.

     "Segun, how have you been?" I overheard her ask.

"I'm trying to fine but I don't know about Faithe." He responds as I slowly drink my water.

       "I thought as much. Her eyes are dull and she lost weight also.
You told her right?" She asks.

     "Yes she didn't take it very well." He answers.

    "She looks worse than when Semilore passed."

      The air became heavy and the atmosphere tense. The glass broke and the walls started to close in. I started feeling dizzy.
     "Faithe, Faithe..."
           I passed out.

  Oko mi-- my dear
  Bawo ni-- how are you?

Don't forget to click the lonely star below🌟