20. Goodbye

I woke up around 5:15am. I did my morning stuff and packed up. I'm leaving for Abeokuta today. I don't know how I'm going to start living with my stepmother. I've decided to let Teniola know about the"relationship" between his friend and I.

     I walked across the hallway and knocked on his door.

    "Coming." A reply came from within. After a minute, he opened the door. "What a wonderful surprise."

    "Won't you tell me to come in?" I asked.

     "Oh yeah."

   "So I want to say thank you for everything, especially Friday." I said staring at the rug.

   "Anything for you. I know about everything, he's my best friend. Please don't break him. I know what you women are capable of. I'm not joking, he really likes you." He finished.

   "Oh. Thanks so much. Aren't you giving me a good bye gift?" I asked.

    "True." He pretended to think and flicked my forehead.

   "Ow, that's a good gift." I rolled my eyes. He went over to his wardrobe and brought a grey beanie.

    "I got you this. I noticed you wearing black, grey and white. Never seen you in any colours other than that, besides a beanie would fit."

    "Thanks so much for everything." I went over to hug him. He hugged me back.

    "Don't hurt my friend." He said as I released him.

      Tobi's POV.
  I practically lived in Teniola's house ever since that Friday. I want to be the last person to hug her, and maybe kiss her if I have the chance. Not all African dads would love to see their teenage daughter kissed in front of them.

       I could see the big smile plastered on her pretty face and as she talked with her dad in the dining. Her smile kept appearing and reappearing as if PHCN was flashing lights.

    "Stop staring at my cousin like that before her father slaps you." Teniola said not looking up but I could see his smile.

     I ignored him and let my eyes wander to my name sake. As she planned to stand up, I averted my gaze to the napkin on the centre table.

     "Why is this one doing like he was not staring at me just now?" She said as she got to my side with her left hand on her small waist. She's wearing a black top, black pants and black hoodie. She looks so good.

   "And he's still staring." She said again.

   "It's not that, but I think we normal humans wear clothes with the label inside, not outside." I said as she checks herself.

    "Oh. I'll wear it like that. Besides, who's looking at me sef?" She shrugged.

     "Me." I answered absentmindedly.

      There was a moment of silence.

   "So Teni, I guess this is good bye." She said.

    "What of me?" I asked

  "You? Come and put my box in the car for me." She said. I immediately got the message.

   "Gladly." I answered

   "Better don't let Uncle Segun catch you doing what you're not supposed to do o." Teni chipped in, his smirk growing.

      As we got to the front porch, I dropped the box and hugged her. Who knew this girl could have an effect on me. She broke contact first, I was obviously choking her. Her eyes flickered from my eyes to my lips, then back to my eyes.

     One hand went to her left cheek and the other to her waist, I looked into her eyes before kissing her slowly. She responds with the same intensity. Her father must not catch me here or I'm so dead. I broke the kiss as I stared into her eyes, "keep the neck chain, I'm waiting for you."

    "I will. I'll never forget you, and how you cleaned my entire lip gloss, with your lips!" She smiled at the last part.

    "That's me for you." I smirked. I heard voices coming from inside. "I'll text you later, bye."

   Happy Sunday o. I hope we enjoyed this particular chapter. I really want to know what you think. I might not update until I can get a response. Till then!💓💓