10. moving on

I finally woke up. "She is up already." Aunty Yemi called out gently.

       "Finally. Are you hungry? I bought a pack of hollandia yoghurt, the strawberry type." Father said.

      "I am. Very hungry." I replied.

"Don't worry. I gat you." Aunty Yemi goes to the kitchen.

"Don't scare us like that again. You heard about Semilore right?" I nodded.

     Semilore was my elder sister. She is three years older than I am. She passed on due to cancer, leukemia. It was five years ago and I'm seventeen now. I saw her cough out blood more than twice, not enough to make me realize she was dying. She looked pale and shaved all her hair. She didn't tell me anything until the day she passed out at home. Few months later, she passed on.

      Dad wiped my tears and took my hands. "Moving on does not necessarily mean forgetting the past. We have to accept that what has happened has happened, take a big step forward and continue living. We can't change the past neither can we change what has happened. We shouldn't necessarily forget that, but we can have constant reminiscence to the past."

      "I get it." I sniffed.

"It's getting late and I have to get back. I'll call later." He kissed my forehead.
     I hope it gets better