24. New beginning

I waited till it was break time before going to Jola's class. She's in arts class. I couldn't stop thinking about what Emeka said. Only God knows if she has given anything else out.

     "Hello Jola." I said as we both walked to the cafeteria.

      "Hi. It's good to see you o. This one that you're not smiling, I hope all is well." She asked.

      "Yes sure. Did you give Emeka my number?" I asked as the line moved. I took the served rice as we headed to our usual table. James and Simi are already there.

    "Which Emeka?" She asked taking a seat.

     "How many do you know?"

    "If it's that one, I know Emeka, my brother's friend, Emeka, mama Chisom's son, Emeka our driver,..." I cut her off.

      "I know I asked. The Emeka in my class." I took water.

      "Oh, yes I did." She shrugged.

   "Without my permission? But you should have asked me before giving him."

   "I'm sorry. I was just trying to get you to know..."

     "I didn't ask for your help, did I?" I snapped.

    "Hey, hey." She started getting up. Eyes were already turning on us. "Whatever has happened to you, don't pass it on me. I didn't cause your problems. I was only trying to help. Besides I apologized already, so what?"

      "You only talk to James, I get it, as per he's your bestie, if Simi will not talk, I will. It feels like I'm just a side kick. Heck, do you even know me? Like really know me?" She asked. The whole cafeteria already turned to a cinema.

     She's probably right. I only know her name is Irabor Mojola, and her birthday is March something.

   "I thought so." She packed her stuff and stormed out. I feel like the villain here.

              •            •             •
    My eyes and head ached terribly as I opened the gate to the house. That's my weakness, crying. When I cry, it's like I tell God to open the floodgates of heaven.

     I tried my key in the key hole but I noticed the door was locked from inside. Dad didn't tell me anyone was coming today. The door opening brought me out of my reverie.

     I was hugged by my unfamiliar step-mom. I remained still.
           Wait, when did we start hugging?

      "How was school? I hope you're not too stressed." She asked.

     "I am. You're stressing my muscles." I said as she furrowed her eyebrows before she realized she was still holding me.

      "Sorry dear."

     "Not to sound rude, but why are you here?"

     "I already moved in. Your Dad and I got married last week in Port Harcourt." She said smiling.

     I could only say "wow". I'm sure the boarders would be happy to have me in their midst. I'm so going to the hostel.

    I was already at the entrance to my room when she called me.
         What sef?

     "Aren't you going to eat?" She asked.

      "I just got back. I need to take a shower." I replied as I entered into my room.

      We might get closer, but it'll take a long time, a very long time.

   As I shut the door, I shut ever other thoughts as I entered the shower. I came out to remove my phone my the "safe spot." I saw a text from Tobi.

      Tobi💖: Hey babe. I feel like you're ignoring me😪

   Me: Hey. It's just that these few days have been really eventful.

      Tobi💖: Mind sharing.

          I told him everything that has happened, including resuming to the hostel.

      Tobi💖: That's crap. I was thinking of coming this weekend though.

    Me: I'm sorry

    Tobi💖: It's okay. Just be fine for both of us.

    Hello wonderful people.  I particularly love that line, "be fine for both of us." Anyways, the epilogue of "Faithe" is up next😪. I'm finishing this today, and my mood improved greatly.
    Anyways, vote, comment and share.🤝