Tournament round and the sports festival ends

"The first match is about to begin we have the quirkless wonder: izuku yagi vs the guy who hasn't really been in the spotlight: Hitoshi Shinso," Mic says as he introduces the two fighters as they make their way to the stage.

"here are the rules, the fight will stop once either the fighter is out of bounds or is no longer able to fight, or surrenders. Ready... Begin." Midnight states as izuku slowly make his way towards shinso.

present mic leans back from the mic to talk to Aizawa.

"hey, eraser,  who do you think is going to win?" "izuku," Aizawa says without even missing a beat.

"huh, why? I know the kid is strong but why do you think that?" Mic asks as Aizawa looks at him while holding the two's school files.

"well because izuku is physically strong by no comparison, while yes shinso has a very useful and powerful quirk who knows if it even works on izuku, these two show how the entrance exam is irrational. Shinso quirk would be very useful but it doesn't work on machines so he failed the entrance exam to the hero course and was forced to take another path. Izuku is the outlier of it all while he did pass the exam without a quirk most would not." Aizawa states about how the entrance exam was biased for those with flashy quirks.

back to the fight

'come on think, I got to make him talk somehow.' Shinso thinks to himself as he knows that physically he stands no chance against izuku.

"I can't believe that they let someone like you into the hero course, you are... a pathic, weak quirkless person that doesn't deserve to be here," shinso tries to make izuku angry but fails as izuku continues to walk slowly towards him menacingly. 

"I know how that it's tough being discriminated against by others trust me." Then realizing that Ojiro must have told izuku what his quirk is. so shinso had an idea that might just work.

"I guess that tailed freak must have told you what my quirk is, he's pretty pathetic you know to have someone else do his dirty work, I guess he's just a pussy." Shinso doesn't truly mean it but once he says that it struck a nerve of izuku's to hear one of his friends being made fun of.

"you fucker, you take that back." izuku charges towards shinso but his vision soon becomes Foggy and clouded and unclear. Ojiro and class 1-a were shocked to see izuku stop in his dead tracks. Ojiro knowing how Shinso's quirk works he was worried about izuku and his heart was racing.

'ha, it worked.' Shinso thinks surprised as he was able to use his quirk on izuku.

"ok walk out of bounds," he says but izuku doesn't move back instead he moves forward towards shinso once he lifts his head shinso could see that he broke out of his brainwash ability.

"h-how?" Shinso asks as he backs away slowly in fear.

"how? simple I wasn't controlled, to begin with, my willpower is too strong for your mind control." izuku dashes and punches shinso in the gut without haki causing him to cough up a bit of blood as he is knocked out of the ring.

"shinso is out of bounds. Izuku moves on to the next round." As shinso is about to get up he notices a hand appear before him and he sees that its izuku. 

"do you want to be a hero?" Shinso nods in response as izuku helps him to his feet.

"your quirk is strong and I could tell that you didn't mean what you said because of the heat of the moment. You have potential so come see me tomorrow after school so I could teach you a few things." Shinso for the first time in his life has someone actually told him that he has potential.