DAY 23

— AUGUST 23RD —

As the doctor had promised, you were sent home the following morning. Allie drove you and Sebastian back home, stopping at McDonald's on the way by your request.

As you walked into the fast food restaurant, it suddenly occurred to you that you must look awful – two and a bit days in the hospital wouldn't do wonders for anybody's appearance. Slightly shamefully, you ducked your head and hid behind Luca's tall frame as he strolled in front of you.

Sebastian glanced to the side and noticed what you were doing – how your cheeks were slightly flushed, how you nervously tugged your fingers through your tangled hair before sighing in defeat. Frowning, he moved to stand in front of you, grabbing both of your hands.

"What are you worried about, dragoste?" he asked quietly, the sweet Romanian pet name only making you even more flustered.

"It's busy in here," you replied, staring up at him; he was wearing a cap pulled low over his head to avoid any unwanted media attention, but you could still see the way his eyes twinkled as he ran this thumb soothingly over your knuckles. "And I look—"

"Beautiful," he interrupted, "as always."

You were doubtful, but you nodded anyway. Satisfied, Sebastian smiled, keeping his right hand tucked into your left as you waited in line.

Despite his reassurances, you were glad when you were finally back inside the apartment. You took a long, hot shower, shampooed your hair vigorously, even indulged yourself with a face mask to make up for missing your skincare routine. When you emerged in a towel, you found something waiting for you – Sebastian had left one of his sweatshirts on your bed, a soft, dark blue crew neck. You couldn't help but grin as you pulled it over your head, already savouring it's warmth and the familiar smell of his cologne.

After drying your hair, you returned to the living room, where he was waiting for you on the couch. Without a second thought, he pulled you into his lap, holding you close as you giggled.

Suddenly, you swayed a little under his grip, your mind going foggy for a few seconds. When you managed to focus again, Sebastian's brow was furrowed with worry.

"You okay?" he checked, twirling a strand of your hair around his finger.

"I'm fine, I just felt kinda dizzy. The doctor said that would happen, remember?"

"Maybe you should get some rest, sweetheart. Take it easy for the next week or so."

Although you understood his concerns, you shook your head firmly. "Seb, I only have one week left in New York, I want to make the most of it. I'll regret it if I don't."

Sebastian seemed unsure, and he tilted his head to the side as he pondered your words. Eventually, he nodded, sending you a cheeky smirk as several ideas simultaneously filled his mind.

"Alright, leave it to me. I'll make sure we remember the next seven days for the rest of our lives."