EPILOGUE

You carefully stepped out of the plane and descended down the stairs, already grinning as the burning sun hit your skin.

A couple of months ago, you'd been standing in exactly the same place, eager to spend your summer in New York.

This time, the same excitement coursed through your veins, but intensified. Because you weren't just here for the summer.

You were here for good.

After a few days of being back in San Francisco, things had really been put into perspective for you. An idea formed in your mind, and you figured that you were still young – why not take a chance?

A few phone calls was all it took. One to your boss, telling him that you were quitting. One to a realtor, arranging for your apartment in San Francisco to be put up for sale. One to your best friends, telling them that you were moving. One to Sebastian, asking him if you could stay with him until you found a new place and a new job.

Which was followed by another call from him, in which he asked you to just move in with him.

You retraced your steps from the beginning of August, and found your friends waiting inside the airport, ready to greet you with lots of hugs and screams. This time, as they all stepped to the side, you already knew who would be standing behind them, wearing the same adorable little cap with the same cheeky grin on his face.

You ran into Sebastian's arms, laughing giddily as he picked you up and spun you around. When you were no longer dizzy from the sudden movement, he leaned forward and captured your lips in a sweet kiss that made your heart jump.

"I told you that you would never be able to get rid of me," you mumbled, already longing to kiss him again.

"And I wouldn't want it any other way," he insisted, his arms still wrapped smoothly around your waist.

For you, that day marked the end of an era, but also the start of a new one. It was uncertain, but exciting. The type of new beginning that everyone wished for.

And it all began because of your best ever summer in the city.