DAY 25

— AUGUST 25TH —

To your relief, Sebastian didn't insist upon waking you up early the next morning. When you first opened your eyes, it was almost midday, yet you were still curled up peacefully against his side, your fingers intertwined with his.

You yawned delicately, the small movement catching his eye. Smiling, he shifted slightly so that he was facing you, and you'd be lying if you said you didn't take the opportunity to admire his features up close. Long, full lashes, defined cheekbones, soft lips.

"Morning, angel," he murmured, tilting his head downwards to press a kiss to your forehead.

"Hi," you replied simply, stretching your arms out with a drowsy chuckle. "Breakfast time?"

Sebastian shook his head firmly, and you frowned in confusion, glancing at the clock just to be sure that you'd read it correctly. Sure enough, it showed quarter to twelve.

"But I'm hungry!" you protested childishly.

"Well, what if I told you that we're getting food somewhere else?"

Immediately, you grinned, knowing that he had something planned for the day again. You quickly swung your legs over the edge of the mattress and stood up, skipping to the bathroom cheerily while Sebastian shook his head fondly at your obvious excitement.

A mere hour later, you were climbing out of the passenger side of the hire car, standing back at a place you recognised instantly. The lake where he'd taken you after your first movie date. And somehow, he was carrying a picnic basket – you hadn't seen him pack that into the car, but you weren't complaining. The idea was perfect.

The two of you sat by the water and, despite the fact that it meant he would only have one hand to eat with, Sebastian insisted on wrapping one arm around your shoulders. The food was simple (because, of course, the two of you could barely cook an edible meal), but you still enjoyed it.

Just as you reached over to open a packet of pretzels, you heard a voice coming from behind you, causing you to pause.

"What a lovely young couple!"

Curious, you spun around to see an elderly woman, probably in her early seventies, hobbling along with the help of a wooden cane.

"That's kind," Sebastian replied, causing you to chuckle at his slight awkwardness.

"You remind me of my husband and I when we were young. He used to bring me here to watch the sunset. Sometimes we would go skinny dipping in the lake." She wiggled her eyebrows, and you laughed, prompting her to turn towards you. "This is where he asked me to marry him, too. D'ya know, he used to look at me exactly the same way as this young man looks at you."

You cooed at the sweet story, oddly grateful for the unexpected conversation. Sebastian reached across to slip his hand into yours, just as the woman began to walk away.

"Enjoy yourselves, dearies. Don't let each other go. Love as real as that is hard to find."