DAY 28

— AUGUST 28TH —

Your phone notifications were remarkably empty when you checked them the following morning. Honestly, after Sebastian's confession at the escape room, you'd been preparing yourself for some kind of attention, at least. But, for now, it seemed that the news remained relatively unknown, possibly for the better, since you literally had just two whole days left together.

Since he had a meeting with his new agency, Sebastian had to leave you alone at the apartment for a while. Of course, you raided his closet and picked out a dark blue t-shirt of his to wear instead of your own clothes.

Initially, the choice made you perfectly happy; the shirt was huge on you, and it smelled like his cologne. However, as time went on, you became increasingly distracted and upset, because reality was really starting to set in.

Of all the things you'd expected from that summer, falling in love with a celebrity wasn't one of them. Falling in love wasn't one of them at all. But here you were, completely infatuated with somebody you couldn't have. Well, you could always try long distance, but both you and Sebastian knew that it would never work, especially not when he was in the middle of filming.

By the time he arrived home, you were in tears, curled up on the couch. He was carrying a small bag of groceries, but he dropped them as soon as he noticed the state that you were in.

"Hey, what's wrong?" he asked, already anticipating your answer.

His voice startled you slightly and you sobbed harder. Sebastian sat down and pulled you into his lap, rocking you back and forth while rubbing his hand soothingly over your back, murmuring gently to you until you'd calmed down enough to speak.

"Gonna miss you," you choked out eventually. It didn't help at all when you glanced upwards to see that Sebastian's eyes were filled with tears too. "It's not fair."

"I know it's not, sweetheart. I know. I wish things were different, but they're not."

"What's gonna happen after I leave?" you muttered. The two of you hadn't really spoken about it much, but it was obviously the elephant in the room.

"I don't know," he replied honestly. "I've been thinking about it a lot, but I don't know. We'll just have to wait and find out, I guess."

You fell silent after that, the only sound being your occasional sniffles and Sebastian telling you that it was okay, even though you both knew that it wasn't. At some point, he laid down on the couch with you on top of him, your hands running through his hair. Although it was somewhat comforting, it also reminded you of the first time you'd accidentally fallen asleep together after a night out. It was painful, and you were all too thankful when drowsiness consumed you at last.

Sebastian, on the other hand, wasn't as lucky. While you slept, he was wide awake, periodically placing soft kisses to the top of your head. He admired your features up close, thinking of how peaceful you looked, even though you were still frowning a little.

"Don't forget me, Y/N," he whispered. "I'll never forget you."