Bloody Mary

IMPALA

Dean and Ellie are sitting in the Impala as Sam calls out Jess's name in his sleep, Dean and Ellie exchange looks.
"You know, at some point we are gonna have to bring this up with him." Dean whispers to his sister.
"You know he won't tell us Dean, you have to let him process it in his own time" Ellie whispers back.
"Well we have to do something, he doesn't sleep, he barely eats." Dean says.
"I know, I'm worried too, but you know if you push him on this, he will just get angry."
"You should mention it to him."
"Why me?!"
"Because you're cute and his little sister, he is more likely to tell you stuff", Ellie nods in agreement, Dean rolls his eyes.
"Also you have a tendency to get a little bit angry when you don't get your way." Dean looks angrily at Ellie.
"Angry?! I am not a child!"
"You're really proving my point here, dude." Ellie smiles. They look at Sam as he calls Jess's name again. Dean hits Sam.
"Sam, wake up." Sam wakes, confused. He sits up and looks around.
"I take it I was having a nightmare."
"Yeah, another one." Ellie says softly. Sam turns around quickly glancing at his little sister.
"Hey, at least I got some sleep." Sam jokes, Dean looks over at Sam not amused by the joke.
"You know, sooner or later we're gonna have to talk about this." Dean says firmly. Sam looks forward, and ignores this statement.
"Are we here?"
"Yup. Welcome to Toledo, Ohio." Dean states. Ellie hands Sam a newspaper with Steven Shoemaker's obituary circled.
"So what do you think really happened to this guy?" Sam asks his two siblings.
"That's what we're gonna find out." Ellie states.
"Let's go." Dean, Sam and Ellie get out of the car and head into the morgue building.

HOSPITAL

Sam, Dean and Ellie walk up to the morgue technician.
"Hey." Ellie says.
"Hey, can I help you?"
"Yeah. We're the, uh... med students."
"Sorry?" Ellie glances at the Dr's name plaque on the other desk.
"Oh Doctor - uh," Ellie stumbles over the name, "Figlavitch didn't tell you? We talked to him on the phone. He, uh, we're from Ohio State, he's supposed to show us the Shoemaker corpse, it's for our paper." Ellie says with a smile.
"Well, I'm sorry he's at lunch."
"Oh, well, you know, it doesn't matter. You don't mind just showing us the body, do you?" Dean asks
"Sorry, I can't. Doc will be back in an hour. You can wait for him if you want."
"An hour? Ooh. We gotta be heading back to Colombus by then." Dean looks at Sam and Ellie.
"Yeah." Ellie and Sam say together.
"Uh, look, man, this paper's like half our grade, so if you don't mind helping us out-" Dean stumbles over his word.
"Uh, look, man... no." The tech says. Dean laughs a little. Dean turns around and mumbles.
"I'm gonna hit him in his face, I swear." Dean tells his sister. Sam hits Dean on the arm. He steps in front of Dean and opens his wallet and pulls out some money. He lays a few of them, at least five, down on the tech's desk.
"Follow me." The tech says with a smile. The morgue tech gets up and leaves. Dean grabs Sam when Sam tries to follow.
"Dude, I earned that money." Ellie turns around and scoffs.
"You won it in a poker game."
"Yeah." Both Sam and Ellie ignore their brother and turn to follow the tech.

They follow him into the morgue, there was a body already on the table, the morgue tech pulls back the sheet over Steven's face. Sam looks at the body.
"Now the newspaper said his daughter found him. She said his eyes were bleeding."
"More than that. They practically liquefied." The tech explains.
"Any sign of struggle? Maybe somebody did it to him?" Ellie asks.
"Nope. Besides the daughter, he was alone."
"What's the official cause of death?" Sam questions.
"Ah, Doc's not sure. He's thinking massive stroke, maybe an aneurysm? Something burst up in there, that's for sure."
"What do you mean?" Sam asks.
"Intense cerebral bleeding. This guy had more blood in his skull than anyone I've ever seen."
"The eyes are mush, what would cause something like that?" Ellie asks.
"Capillaries can burst. See a lot of bloodshot eyes with stroke victims."
"Yeah? You ever see exploding eyeballs?" Dean says.
"That's a first for me, but hey, I'm not the doctor." The tech shrugs.
"Hey, think we could take a look at that police report? You know for, uh... our paper." Dean asks.
"I'm not really supposed to show you that." The tech smirks. Sam looks annoyed as Dean and Ellie roll their eyes. Sam pulls out his wallet.