Provenance

BAR

Dean and a young woman lean close together at the bar. Ellie and Sam are at a table with Sam reading her a possible case. Ellie looks over at Dean, sees him flirting with the girl and she shakes her head. Sam looks over and gestures to him, Dean gives him a wait gesture. Sam gestures again and Dean's smile drops. Ellie smiles at this.
"You know he is not going to be happy with you for that one." Ellie says, Sam smirks at his sister. Dean approaches the table with three beers.
"All right, I think we got something." Sam tells Dean. Dean glances back at the bar.
"Oh yeah, me too. I think we need to take a little shore leave, just a little bit. What do you think, huh? I'm so in the door with this one." Dean says, Ellie grimaces at her brother.
"Dude, little sister present." Ellie says. Dean waves a hand at her.
"So what are we today Dean? I mean, are we rock stars, are we army rangers?" Sam asks. Dean grins
"Reality TV scouts, looking for people with special skills. I mean hey, it's not that far off right? By the way, she's got a friend over there. Possibly hook you up. What do you think?" Dean says looking at Sam, Ellie glances at his brother disgusted.
"Dude, again, little sister present." Ellie says.
"Dean, no thanks, I can get my own dates." Sam tells him. Ellie looks at Sam confused.
"Yeah you can but you don't."
"What is that supposed to mean?" Sam looks at Dean offended.
"Nothing. What you got?" Dean asks looking at Sam and Ellie.
"Mark and Ann Telesca of New Paltz, New York were both found dead in their home, a few days ago. Throats were slit. There were no prints, no murder weapons, all..." Sam trails off as he sees that Dean is distracted, continuing to check out women in the bar. Ellie nudges Dean's arm. "Dean!... No prints, no murder weapons, all doors and window locked from the inside." Sam explains, Dean takes a sip of his beer.
"Could just be a garden variety murder you know, not our department." Dean says.
"No. Dad says different." Ellie interjects, Dean looks at her.
"What do you mean?" Dean asks, Ellie points at a map.
"Dad noted three murders in the same area of upstate New York. First one here in 1912, second one right here in 1945, and the third in 1970, the same M.O. as the Telescas. Their throats were slit, doors were locked from the inside. Now so much time had passed between murders that nobody checked the pattern, except Dad. He kept his eyes peeled for another one." Ellie explains.
"And now we got one. All right, I'm with ya. It's worth checking out. We can't pick this up til first thing though right?" Dean asks looking at Ellie and Sam who nod their heads. "Good." Dean says as he heads back to the bar. Ellie shakes her head. Sam and Ellie watch him go.
"Ladies... did you miss me?" Dean says to the two ladies at the bar.
"Well yeah."
"Listen, I talked to my producer, and it is looking good." Dean flirts. Sam and Ellie both snigger at their brother and shake their heads.

STREET - EARLY MORNING

Dean is sleeping slouched in the passenger seat of the Impala, sunglasses on. Ellie nudges Sam and she goes round to the drivers side, leans in and honks the horn. Dean jumps a foot. Sam and Ellie get in the car, laughing.
"Man, that is so not cool." Dean says adjusting his sunglasses and mumbling.
"We just swept the Telescas with EMF. It's clean. And last night, while you were...well... out..." Sam trails off. Dean smirks.
"Good times." Ellie looks at her brother with disgust.
"Dude, little sister right here." Ellie groans.
"Ellie checked the history of the house. Nothing strange about the Telescas." Sam says.
"All right, so if it's not the people and it's not the house, then maybe it's the contents. Cursed object or something." Dean says.
"The house is clean." Ellie says.
"Yeah I know, you said that." Dean tells her.
"No, I mean it's empty. No furniture, nothing." Ellie explains.
"Where's all their stuff?" Dean asks confused.

AUCTION HOUSE

Sam, Dean and Ellie wander around, looking out of place in their casual, rough clothing. Dean and Ellie takes some finger food, they eat it and look at each other smiling. One man watches them pass then excuses himself from his companion and moves toward them.
"Consignment auctions, estate sales. Looks like a garage sale for Wasps if you ask me." Dean says, Ellie laughs at this and they both take more food from a tray on a table as the man moves up from behind them.
"Can I help you?" The man asks, Dean and Ellie look him up and down and then they both put more food in their mouths.
"I'd like some champagne please." Dean says in a posh accent, causing Ellie to laugh with her mouth full. Sam looks sharply at Dean and Ellie.
"He's not a waiter." Dean and Ellie cock an eyebrow. Sam holds out his hand to the man.
"I'm Sam Connors." Sam lies. The man just looks at him, not moving. Sam moves the hand he's holding and points to Dean and Ellie.
"This is my brother and sister, Dean and Ellie. We're art dealers, with Connors Limited.
"You.. are... art dealers." The man says.
"That's right."
"I'm Daniel Blake, this is my auction house. Now gentlemen and lady, this is a private showing and I don't remember seeing you on the guest list." The man says snobbily.
"We're there chuckles, you just need to take another look." Ellie tells him. A waiter goes past with drinks on a tray. Ellie and Dean swipe a glass.
"Oh, finally!" Dean says as him and Ellie turn back to Daniel, sniffs the glass, Dean raises his eyebrow then turns and walks away. Sam hastily follows, shooting Dean and Ellie dirty looks.
The three check out the items for auction and are drawn to the painting of the family.
"A fine example of American Primitive wouldn't you say?" A voice from behind them says. The three turn to see a sleek, classy, extremely good looking young woman in a black dress coming down a spiral staircase. The three stare at her as she turns her back while taking the final part of the stairs. Sam and Ellie turn back to look at the painting, while Dean is still oogling, slaps Sam on the back and continues staring.
"Well I'd say it's more Grant Wood than Grandma Moses. But you knew that, you just wanted to see if I did." Sam says.
"Guilty. And clumsy. I apologise. I'm Sarah Blake."
"I'm Sam, this is my... brother and sister, Dean and Ellie." Dean and Ellie continue to stuff their face from passing trays.
"Ellie, Dean. Can we get you some more mini-quiche?" Sarah asks. Both of them are chewing, Ellie smiles with her mouth still full.
"I'm good thanks." Dean says chewing.
"So, can I help you with something?" Sarah asks, turning back to Sam.
"Yeah, actually. What can you tell us about the Telesca estate?" Sam asks.
"The whole thing's pretty grisly if you ask me, selling your things this soon. But Dad's right about one thing, sensationalism brings out the crowds. Even the rich ones." Sarah explains.
"I'm afraid there isn't any chance of that." Daniel says from behind.
"Why not?" Sam asks.
"You're not on the guest list. And I think it's time to leave." Daniel says.
"Well we don't have to be told twice." Ellie says in a posh voice causing Dean to smile at her.
"Apparently you do." Daniel says fed up.
"Okay. It's all right. We don't want any trouble. We'll go." Sam says. Dean and Ellie raise their eyebrows and they walk off. Sam and Sarah exchange a long look before he follows.
"Dad that was just rude." Sarah says.