Nightshifter

The three Winchesters are in Milwaukee as they hear about a possible case which involves a woman who had worked at a jewellery store and totally turned into a different person she went and robbed the store then shot a security guard in the face who she knew very well. 
Sam, Dean and Ellie all enter the store, the boys in formal suits and Ellie in a pencil skirt, blouse and heels (much to her disdain). They split up, Sam and Ellie go to talk to the manager while Dean eyes up the good looking receptionist, going over to her while Sam and Ellie roll their eyes and go the other way. Sam and Ellie go and meet with the manager.
"Helena was our head buyer. She... she was family, you know? She said it herself, every year at the Christmas party. She said we were the only family she had." The middle-aged man explains. Ellie crosses her legs and sits forward.
"So there were never any signs that she'd do something like this?" She questions.
"No. Still can't believe it, even now. That night, Helena came back to the store after closing. Cleaned out all the display cases, and the safe. Edgar - our night watchman - he caught her in the act. He didn't know what to do, he'd known her for years. He called me at home." He explains.
"And that's when she took his gun?" Sam asks. 
"She shot him in the face, I heard him die. Over the phone." The manager looks down. 
"Any idea what her motive could have been?" Ellie follows up.
"What motive? It makes no sense. Why steal all those diamonds, all that jewellery, and then what? Just dump it somewhere, just hide it, and then go home and.. she killed himself." The manager shakes his head, clearly upset and confused. 
"So you never saw the security camera footage yourself, then?" Ellie questions. 
"No. The police, they took all the tapes, first thing." The manager explains, Dean approaches behind his brother and sister. 
"Yeah, of course they did." Dean tells them, Sam and Ellie look over to their big brother, he waves the receptionist's number at them both. They roll their eyes at his behaviours. 

After leaving the jewellery store, the three wait until nightfall and drive down a dark street and pull up in front of a small house. 
"Five - this is it." Sam tells them.
"Friggin' cops." Dean grumbles, shaking his head. 
"They're just doing their job, Dean." Ellie tells him.
"No, they're doing our job, only they don't know it, so they suck at it. Talk to me about this bank." Dean says as they all get out of the car and approach the house. Ellie trips over as she gets out of the car, swearing under her breath.
"You know you guys are assholes for making me wear heels." Ellie snaps at them. Dean and Sam shake their head and laugh, Dean nudges his sister who stumbles again but regains her balance, she straightens up her skirt and flips off her big brother who laughs again. 
"Uh, Milwaukee National Trust. It was a hit about a month ago." Sam explains.
"Same M.O. as the jewellery store?" Dean asks. Ellie nods.
"Yep, inside job, longtime employee, the never-in-a-million-years type. Dude robs the bank, then goes home and supposedly commits suicide." Ellie answers.
"The guy Resnick, he was the security guard on duty?" Dean questions.
"Yeah. He was actually beaten unconscious by the teller who heisted the place." Sam tells them.
"God." Dean breathes out and shakes his head. 
"Yeah." Sam says and knocks on the screen door. "Mr. Resnick? Ronald Resnick?" Sam shouts. Suddenly, a bright floodlight turns on, and they shield their eyes.
"Son of a -" Ellie mutters as a youngish man comes to the door warily.
"FBI, Mr. Resnick." Sam says.
"Let me see the badge." Ronald demands through the screen. The three pull out their badges and slap them against the screen door in unison. Ronald squints at them carefully.
"I already gave my statement to the police." Ronald tells them.
"Yeah, listen Ronald, um... just some things about your statement we wanted to get some clarification on." Dean explains.
"You read it?" Ronald asks.
"Sure did." Ellie smiles.
"You come to listen to what I've got to say?" He asks glancing at the three.
"Well, that's why we're here." Dean tells him.
"Well. Come on in." Ronald opens the door and leads them through a narrow hallway to a cluttered room; the walls are covered with alien photos and conspiracy theory paraphernalia. Ellie looks around the room with wide eyes and looks back at her brothers and mouths "wow." at them, they look at her also with raised eyebrows and nod. 
"None of the cops ever called me back. Not after I told them what was really going on. Uh, they all thought I was crazy. First off, Juan Morales never robbed the Milwaukee National Trust, okay? That, I guarantee. See, we and Juan were friends. He used to come back to the bank on my night shifts, and we'd play cards." Ronald explains. 
"So you let him into the bank that night, after hours?" Sam asks.
"The thing I let into the bank... wasn't Juan. I mean, it had his face, but it wasn't his face. Uh, every detail was perfect, but too perfect, you know, like if a dollmaker make it, like I was talking to a big Juan-doll." Ronald tells them, the three look back at him with strange looks. 
"A Juan-doll?" Ellie asks doubtfully. 
"Look. This wasn't the only time this happened. Okay?" Ronald says, he hands Sam a file folder. "There was this jewellery store, too. And the cops, a-and you guys, you just won't see it!" He raises his voice, Sam looks in the folder; it looks like a Hunter's profile of the jewellery case. "Both crimes were pulled by the same thing." 
"What's that, Mr. Resnick?" Sam asks, confused. Ronald picks up a copy of a magazine called "Fortean Times" and holds it to his chest. The headline at the bottom reads "BIRTH OF CYBERMEN". Dean and Ellie share a quick glance. 
"Chinese have been working on them for years. And the Russians before that. Part men, part machine. Like the Terminator. But the kind that can change itself, make itself look like other people." Ronald tells them, Ellie looks at Dean again trying to hide her smile. 
"Like the one from T2." Dean smirks, Ellie lets out a quick laugh but controls herself again. 
"Exactly! See, so not just a robot, more of a, a, a, a.... Mandroid." Ronald looks at all three of them.
"A Manroid?" Sam repeats looking at Ronald in disbelief.
"And what makes you so sure about this, Ronald?" Ellie asks, he holds up a finger and smiles a little wildly. Ellie glances at her two brothers again and they both shrug. Ronald goes and gets a tape labelled "M.N.T. Camera 4 - Juan" he puts it into the player.
"See, I made copies of all the security tapes. I know once the cops got them they'd be buried." Ronald explains as Dean nods. "Here." Ronald fast forwards. "Now watch. Watch. Watch, watch him! See, look! Th-th-there it is!" Ronald pauses the tape. "You see? He's got the laser eyes." Sam, Dean and Ellie all look closely to see Juan, facing the camera, with a light-flare in his eyes. The three all share a knowing look. Ellie breathes out. 
"If there is one thing I hate more than anything. It's shapeshifters." She thinks to herself. 
"Cops said it was some kind of reflected light. Some kind of "camera flare". Okay? Ain't no damn camera flare. They say I'm a post-trauma case. So what? Bank goes and fires me, it don't matter!" Ronald snaps as Sam and Ellie eye him cautiously. "The Mandroid is, is still out there. The law won't hunt this thing down - I'll do it myself. You see, this thing, it, it, it kills the real person, makes it look like a suicide, then it sorta, like morphs into that person. Cases the job for a while until it knows the take it fat, and then its opening. Now, these robberies, they're, they're grouped together." Ronald rambles on as he gestures at a map on the wall. "So I figure the Mandroid is holed up somewhere in the middle, underground, maybe. I dunno, maybe that's where it recharges its, uh, Mandroid batteries." Dean and Ellie nod, apparently impressed. Sam stares intently as they all stand.
"Okay. I want you to listen very carefully. Because I'm about to tell you the God's honest truth about all of this." Sam starts as Dean smiles, waiting to see what Sam says. Ellie furrows her eyebrows at her brother. "There's no such thing as Mandroids. There's no such thing as Mandroids. There's nothing evil or inhuman going on out there. Just people. Nothing else, you understand?" Sam tells him firmly. Dean and Ellie keep a straight face but are obviously startled. Ronald looks at the three desperately.
"The laser eyes." He says desperately.
"Just a camera flare, Mr. Resnick. See, I know you don't want to believe this. But your friend Juan robbed the bank and that's it." Sam snaps. 
"Get out of my house! Now!" Ronald shouts. 
"Sure. First things first." Sam says calmly. Dean and Ellie frown at their brother in further confusion.