10 Years Later

The first alarm barely woke me up, but I quickly snoozed it, falling back asleep.

The second alarm didn't wake me up.

The third alarm woke me up for good this time, and I groaned, not wanting to get up. I was too comfortable in my warm bed, Ransom's arms wrapped around my waist, as I heard his light, deep breathing from behind.

I look out the window in our bedroom, the sun still coming up. It was barely light outside.

Gross.

I look over to my bedroom door as I hear it squeak open, and my five year old son peers his head in.

I reach my arm out, and he takes that as a sign to run and jump on mine and Ransoms bed, and snuggling into my chest once he was under the covers.

Mason was a surprise to us about five, almost six years into our relationship, right after we got engaged, but we were more stable and ready for him than we were when we had first met each other.

He had Ransom's eye color, my medium/dark brown hair and, thankfully, did not inherit my werewolf gene.

I just want Mason to live a safer life, and it would also be really confusing for him to live as a rogue werewolf.

I comfortingly brush my fingertips up and down his arm. I remember my parents doing this to me when I was younger and how much it would calm me, so I did the same to him.

I scrunch up my nose thinking about how I have to go into work today.

Ransom stirs behind me, and half asleep, reaches one of his arms out a little further to wrap it around mason.

"Why is your alarm going off? Isn't it a Saturday?" He groggily whispers, and I shrug. I take my free arm out and unlock my phone, and sure enough, it was a saturday.

No work!

"Probably forgot to turn it off last night." I mumble back. Ransom breaths a laugh, and I felt it fan lightly against my ear.

Mason whimpers, probably mad at Ransom and I for talking so early in the morning.

He was not a morning person. Probably got that from me. Ransom, however, was a special soul and liked to go for runs every other morning.

I'm sorry, but who wakes up one day and says to themselves 'I want to run track/xc'?

Unless I'm running from something, I will not run.

So Ransom and I quiet down, and I at least slip back into sleep for another hour and a half.

Once I wake up in the mornings though, I tend to be a light sleeper, so anything can quickly wake me up.

Like Mason sitting up, and Ransom going to take a shower.

"When's breakfast?" Mason asks me, and I open one eye, and give a sleepy, lopsided smile.

"What are you hungry for?" I begin to sit up, stretching out my arms and yawning.

"Eggs." He immediately says.

"Sunny side up?" Mason gets out of bed and nods.

I get out of bed as well, and he quickly runs out of my room.

Aaaannndd theres his toddler energy.

I walk to the kitchen, Mason already sitting down at the table. I turn on the tv to keep him occupied while I quickly make us some breakfast, which never fails to work.

Call me old fashioned, but I will show him blues clues.

The time quickly begins to pass, and I'm soon almost finished with Breakfast.