169

a/n some very poorly written drama for the many people who requested some angst between anne and gil ; )

3 days later:

private message
w/ annE & gilblythe

anne-girl🌻 hey gil, winnie needs to stop by and grab my final draft from the house, can you be there when she comes?

gillyboy💞 yeah of course!

anne-girl🌻 awesome!! she'll be there in an hour!💖💖 be nice and dont do anything stupid!

gillyboy💞 i will be on my best behavior 😌

anne-girl🌻 good☺️ I love and miss you🥺💞

gillyboy💞 I love and miss you more 😭❤️

anne-girl🌻 not possible ;) 💞💞💞💞💞💞

A knock at the door drew Gilbert from his desk to greet his guest.

"Winifred! Hello, welcome in!"

She smiled brightly, "hello gil! Thank you ever so much for allowing me to intrude at such a late hour," she spoke in her soft british accent.

Gil?

He simply smiled and nodded, then directed her to the kitchen where Anne's draft was neatly placed on the counter. "Well, here is her draft,"

She picked it up and shoved it in her bag, making Gilbert wince seeing Anne's hard work being treated so frivolously.

To his surprise Winifred did not leave, she merely strode over to the living room, sat on the sofa, and motioned for him to join her.

He slowly walked over and sat in the love seat adjacent to the couch, not wanting to share the seat with her.

"I was thinking I could stay a while, you seem like good company and I'd love to get to know you better, Anne talks so little about you, I hardly know a thing!" She said

He shifted uncomfortably, "oh, uh, well what do you want to know?" He didn't like the weird glint in her eye at all, and suddenly felt small under her imposing gaze.

She sat her purse on the coffee table and leaned forward, only feet away from him. "Everything, you are a Doctor correct?" She asked.

"That is correct." He stated, scooting away from her.

She shifted once more to be closer to him, "tell me something else about yourself, likes,dislikes, what makes Gilbert Blythe, Gilbert Blythe?"

"I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand. Why do you need this information?" He was pressed up against the back of the seat now as she crept closer and closer.

Her smile grew wide yet innocent as she somewhat ignored his question,"I think we would be good together, you and I."

"Excuse me?"

"Anne is away right?"

"I don't see how that's relevant" she was now sitting right in front of him, knee to knee.

She leaned in, only inches from his face.

He was trapped.

"It's relevant because she won't be able to see this."

She surged forward and pressed her lips firmly to his. He tried to push her away but was pinned against the back of the chair and was in a terrible position to force her off.