13

Her Friendzone

His Understanding

Anupama's POV

'Anu, just control,'

I turned back to the picture. He was looking too cute and innocent in the picture. He stood to my left side gazing me. I caressed his cheeks on the picture.

"You're the cutest. I wanna pull your cheeks and eat you up," I tried to pinch the picture.

"Here you go," he bent showing his cheeks. I gasped and gaped him, gulping hard.

'Oh, my biriyani, Anu can't you control your stupid mouth.'

I smiled, "I would love to but I want those cute bubbly cheeks," I pointed to the picture. He was truly the cutest kid.

He heaved a sigh, "Well, it's highly impossible in this birth but we can do one thing," he excitedly rubbed his palm.

"What?" I got amused, turning to him.

"This..." He pulled my cheeks.

I groaned chanting, "Anup, leave me..." I tried to swat his hands. It hurts a lot, he was pulling hard, laughing his heart out. His melodious voice resonating in the hall but my cheeks are hurting. Finally, he left my cheeks with a satisfactory smile. I caressed them feeling pain with a pout.

"Awe, you're cute dimple cheeks are all red. Wait, let me kiss away your pain," he came closer to my face.

'Oh, my biriyani, stop him. His intimacy is not good for my plan.'

"I'm hungry, let's eat," I went towards the sofa. I didn't felt him following me. I turned back and saw him standing like a statue.

"Anup,"

He smiled, following me. Sorry for troubling you Anup but trust me it's for our good well. We started eating silently. I'm eating a sandwich, he was eating chicken roll busily. He didn't have lunch and I'm sure even breakfast too. I'm thinking of ways to execute my plan. How can I ask a man to take off my insecurities? So, this is the only way I can make things easy.

"Anup, can you accept whatever my decision is?" I asked seriously, looking at him. He halted, gaping me. His cheeks are filled with food. After a few seconds, he gulped, munching the food.

"Trust me, Angel. I'll never force you," he said with a sincere smile.

I smile and took a bite, "Can we just be friends?" Said, staring at his hands. I don't have the guts nor heart to look at him and spell those words. He was silent. I can feel his gaze on me.

"Seriously, you wanna be friends with me?" He asked me curiously.

"Yes," I nodded.

"God, thank you, Cutie. Since last night, I was hell scared of losing you and your friendship. You made my heart relief. Sure, I believe that love starts with friendship..." I cut him off.

"Only friends nothing more Anup," I declared looking at him. He stared for a few seconds.

"Yeah, Melody but..." I glared. He closed his mouth like a scared cat.

'Oh, my biriyani, he's so cute.'

I turned my gaze to the sandwich and munched it. I'm sorry for hurting you, Anup but I need to overcome my insecurities and accept you without any hindrance. This friendzone will not last long, trust me, Anup.

"I want to be with you that's it. Whether it's a friend or boyfriend or anything, Anu," his sincere voice beamed in my heart. His dazzling eyes stared me with love. I knew you Anup. You're always best to support me and intentionally or unintentionally make me strong.