Hard Luck

(I'm just giving a fair warning, uh read at your own will. graphic smut ahead :) )

A new week, new thundering pain in your head, but yet the same alarm sound. you slowly pulled yourself up in a sitting position and turned off your alarm. you looked down at yourself and saw you were still in your dress from the day before that had blood crusted on it and peeling off, and Rays plain black leather jacket that he would wear. just being wrapped in it reminded you of him, not just because of him constantly wearing it but because it reeked of his cologne.

you may have been doped up on pain meds but you remember Ray bringing you to your room. a smile crept across your face remembering Ray taking care of you the way he did last night. you looked at your nightstand and saw a note under your pain meds. you grabbed the note and read over it,

"only take one when in pain, preferably at night because they make you sleepy. Text me if you need anything, have a good day tomorrow at work - Ray."

you smiled even more and set the paper on the nightstand and slowly stood up and took the jacket off, laying it on the bed. you looked at the clock at saw it was already going on 10.

"shit!" you cried out to yourself, you were two hours late for work. you were absolutely screwed, you tried looking around for your phone but couldn't find it. it must still be at the studio, it probably fell out of your pocket when you hit your head. you groaned and rushed into the bathroom and ran a brush through your matted hair and let out a sharp cry when your brush scraped against your stitches.

looking down in the trash you saw a bunch of black hair, you reached down and picked some of it up. did...Did Frank cut his hair in your apartment? why was he here to begin with? you picked up the mechanical razor and saw small black hairs in it. you slammed the razor down on the sink and rushed out, throwing on a pair of shoes and grabbings ray's jacket and zipping it up in an attempt to hide the blood and rushed out of the building and down the street to Guitar Center.

you were so fucked.

you were two hours late for work two days after Stan gave you one more chance. but why did your alarm go off 2 hours late? there was no way it rang for two hours, you would've heard it. and you never changed the time, you always woke up at 7 am so then you'd have an hour to get ready and go to work. Frank didn't mess with your alarm, did he? no, he wouldn't, he's not that mean...right?

your mind couldn't stop thinking for one second over all this, and the thundering pain in your head from the now irritated stitches on your scalp. you should've taken aspirin before you left.

going up to the guitar center, you hesitated to go in but you rushed in regardless. looking ahead you saw Stan standing behind the counter, he looked at you and you could see how pissed he was.

"what the hell happened to you?" he asked noting to the noticeable blood on you before yelling at you,

"I cracked my head open last night,"

"and what about the bruise on your jaw?" you brushed your fingers along the bruise and frowned,

"its nothing, just don't worry about it. look am I fired or not?" you asked, placing your hands on the counter.

"oh yeah no you definitely fired. didn't you read your texts?" he asked, you shook your head no and sighed, you couldn't even bring yourself to say anything more to him. you turned and slumped out of the store. you pulled the jacket's zipper up more and went over to the bus stop and leaned on the pole.

shoving your hands in the pockets of Ray's jacket there was a guitar pick in it, you didn't even look at it, you just played with it in between your fingers to try and distract yourself from everything going on.