Just one date

slowly waking up you felt Franks hand on your face, you slowly opened your eyes to be greeted in a rightly embrace, with your face buried into his chest. you looked up at him and focused on his face. he had a small smile on his face and his eyes looked glossy. 

"are you crying?" you croaked out, rubbing your eyes and slowly sitting up, freeing yourself of his embrace, 

"what? no! its just allergies, happens every morning, you just don't see it man" he sat up with you and wiped his face off, didn't seem like allergies but you didn't wanna press on the topic any farther just so that you wouldn't upset him farther if that was the case. maybe it was just allergies who knew, but you don't remember ever waking up next to him and his eyes were glossy like that, even when he was up for a bit before you or with you his eyes weren't glossy. did you do something wrong? did something happen that he wasn't telling you? no way, Frank told you everything. 

he wrapped his arms around you and laid back down, pulling you onto his chest and holding you as close as he could. you snuggled into him and laid your head on his chest. he carcasses his fingertips over your arm gently and kissed the top of your head. 

"hey, so I kinda have to leave tomorrow," he said softly, breaking the zen silence of the room, you looked up at him and placed your hand on his chest and rubbed over it, 

"how come? do you have to go to your friend's place again?" 

"no, uh this time we have a pop-up concert at this festival over in San Dimas, and we're going to be playing there for about two weeks, we're headlining some days and opening others, but we leave tomorrow and we'll be gone for a week and then we come back for a day or two and we're back in San Dimas," 

"oh," you said softly, looking away from him and down at his chest, "would I be able to come or no?"

"I don't know, I don't think bands are allowed to bring anyone who doesn't work for them or is in the band, they're a pretty strict festival but I can text Gerard later and see if you can come if you'd like," 

"it's fine if anything I can come next week if I can, besides maybe I should use the week that you're gone to focus on trying to find a job and maybe even restart drivers ed so that I can get my license soon." he moved his hand up to your hair and played with each strand of hair gently, 

"I'm going to miss you while I'm gone," he said softly, was that why he was tearing up this morning? you smiled a bit though, it was sweet, and you were going to miss him too, 

"yeah, I'm going to miss you too, it's going to be weird waking up without you or going to the studio every day. I've grown so used to it, its like a daily routine at this point." 

"I know right, but hey, maybe we should make the most of today together," he smiled down at you, 

"Sure, did you have something in mind at all?" you sat up and got up out of bed, he sat up and swung his legs off the side of the bed and looked around. he was silent for a bit, trying to think of something to do. 

"how about you leave it all to surprise? its more fun that way anyway," you weren't really on for surprises, you liked knowing what was going to happen and when, but you had faith in him, well kinda. you smiled and nodded a bit, 

"Sounds good, it's all up to you," you went over to your closet and looked around for something to wear. you heard the bed squeak and footsteps approaching you, his arms snaked around your waist gently, and buried his face into the crook of your neck. you grabbed your clothes and looked back at him, "are you going to let me get dressed or are you going to continue to hang on me?"