dye my darling

you rolled over a little bit and accidentally rolled yourself off of rays chest, it startled you awake, and found yourself laying on your back, right next to ray. you rubbed your eyes and squinted over at your alarm clock. it read 4 am, great, what a time to wake up at. 

you slowly sat up and saw your phone flashing, swinging your legs off the side of the bed and grabbed your phone and flipped it open, it was a message from your godforsaken brother, 

Messages

Jeff
call me when you wake up
Sent 2:38 am

you squinted at your phone and sighed, what did he want? if something happened to your mom then he would've just said, he wouldn't want to talk to you. New Jersey was about 3 hours ahead, so it was about 7 am. you pulled up his contact and called him, you listened to the ringing of the phone but got sent to his voicemail. 

what the fuck, if he wanted you to call then why wouldn't he answer. you tried calling him one more time but you got no response from him yet again. you grabbed your pack of cigarettes and your light and carefully got up, you winced slightly and slowly walked into the bathroom. you weren't in as much pain anymore, and you could definitely walk and move a whole lot better, but it still hurt. plus you didn't want to wake ray so moving slow was your best bet. 

you sat on the edge of your tub and lit a cigarette and smoked it, you hated smoking around Ray because you knew he hated the smell of the smoke, and it was doubtful that he wanted to be awoken to the smell of it. you turned your ringtone up a bit more just in case jeff called you back, but you doubted he would. he would be a dick like that just because you didn't call him when he texted you, even though he said when you woke up. 

you fidgeted with your hands a bit and looked down at your cigarette that dimly lit the dark bathroom, constantly checking your phone to see if you got at least a message. but despite your checks, there was nothing there each time. you groaned and smoked your cigarette, taking long drags from it and leaning back slightly. 

he texted you when it was six for him, he may be a mommas boy but he wouldn't go visit at 6 in the morning, maybe the hospital called him and something happened, you finished your cigarette and lit another one right after. it was a bad habit of yours to chain smoke when you got to this point of worry. you grabbed your phone once more and tried to call him, 

nothing. 

you pulled up his contact and texted him, 

Messages

you
hey, dumbass, call me back now challenge, did something happened? could I get some kind of update?
delivered 4:38 am

you closed your phone and it accidentally dropped your phone on the floor, you tensed up by the sound it made and looked over at the door. you didn't hear ray move, hopefully, he didn't hear that. you didn't want to wake him up. you picked up your phone and took a drag from your cigarette. 

the light turned on and you jumped a bit, almost dropping both your phone and cigarette. you looked up and saw ray squinting down at you through the lenses of his glasses, his shirt rolled up a bit, exposing his flannel pajama bottoms that now lower than his waist slightly. you glossed your glance over the hem of his boxers and pinched the butt of the cigarette tighter. but he caught your glance and pulled his shirt hem down. 

"what are you doing in here?" he asked, walking over to you and taking the cigarette from you gently and putting it out in the sink. you sighed and moved over on the edge of the tub and he sat down next to you,