24

---
And more than anything else in the world, I admire the way you carry your pain, even the air around you still, humbled by your bravery and grace.

---

🎶Now I'm so far that it feels like it's all gone to pieces

Tell me why the world never fights fair

I'm trying to find

Home, a place where I can go🎶

Chapter Twenty Four

+Caden's Point of View+

". .and we are done." Miss Emma smiled as she closed the book she held. "Enjoy every bit of your break, lovelies. Have fun, but not too much fun." Her bright blue hair shone as she spoke.

I like Law, I love Law, which is why I can't afford to get distracted, I can't think about Fiona's earlier words or Fiona, She's a major distraction.

I got up, closed my laptop and I headed to the door. I think it's time I tell her everything. Like she said, it gets heavier, and right now, I'm heav --

"Cade." Miss Emma cut my thoughts off. I looked, and there she was, walking beside me.

"Hi, Miss Emma." I smiled politely. Despite the fact that she's young, a lecturer in her late twenties, she is still my lecturer, and that gives her all the respect she needs. She is jovial and friendly, that doesn't mean she should be taken for granted.

"Hey Caden, or should I say Axel." She smiled, and I stopped walking, frozen.

In more than 5 years, no one has called me that.

"I am not Axel Lockwood. I am Caden Manchester." I said, with absolute determination.

"No, you are not." She said.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"According to the Law, you are Axel Ian Lockwood, A 21 years old Law Student, with both parents dead, their deaths are rather gruesome. Your Elder Sister, Caramel Lockwood died of a Car accident 14 years ago. Elder brother, Victor Lockwood was a prisoner at Montgomery Correction Center for 5 years." She smiled.

"According to you, You are Caden, and sadly, without the Law, you ain't shit. According to the Law, you are Axel Lockwood."

I stared at the face of my lecturer, and inwardly questioning my Law knowledge.

"You are right." I muttered, acting oblivious to the Family history she said. "I changed my name at a really young age, I didn't know the proceedings."

Miss Emma smiled, "But you do now. File a name change petition in court, pay the filing fee, and publish a notice in the Local Newspaper stating your name change. As a Law Scholar, these are things you should be aware of, Cade."

I signed, "I am. I've just been cut up in a lot of things, but I'll definitely do it.", and by a lot of things, I meant Fiona.

"No probs, Cade. Get the Law on your side if you truly wanna get your shit together." She smiled, and she turned on her heels, walking back to the Hall.