chapter 7

Aubrey POV

I haven't seen Ian since he gave me a ride that day, and is it weird that I missed him? Yeah I barely know the guy and he lowkey scares me. But I like being around him. 

Today is Saturday and Susan wants me to come in today at 2pm to help. It is weird and nerve racking to think I will be starting school on Monday. I am beyond terrified. I will have to make all new friends and the thought alone is terrifying. Shutting the thoughts out of my mind I took a big bite into the vegemite toast I made for myself. 

You got this Aubrey. We are gonna make this school our bitch. 

About 2 hours later of reading I decided I should probably start walking to the bookstore so I could get lunch beforehand. Pulling myself out of the couch I drag myself upstairs and get changed into a simple outfit and pull my hair into a ponytail. 

Aubrey's fit

Aubrey's fit

"Bye Mum, Bye Dad" I yell out as I close the front door and embark on my journey. Walking past the familiar houses whilst listening to my favourite playlist I can't help but recognise a certain bike in front of a rundown house. NO BLOODY WAY! That is Gray's bike. Holy shit. Holy shit. Crap?! 

I hadn't realised I had completely stopped on the pavement and been staring at the bike and house when Ian's eyes suddenly locked with mine. I looked him up and down and saw him in the most impeccable black suit. The black button up shirt stretched across him defining every muscle with the top few buttons open revealing his chest. The black coat was tight around his biceps. Holy crap. 

Noticing my staring he smirks and says "Like what you see huh angel?" 

Closing my mouth and diverting my gaze to the ground I feel my cheeks heat. "Hi Ian" I say rather quietly.

"Hi Angel" I hear him say,  when I look up I see his towering frame above me and his piercing silver eyes looking into my brown ones. 

"Um- you look nice?" I say almost like a question looking back down at the ground finding his and mine shoes much more interesting. As the alternate of looking into his eyes sends shudders down my spine. 

He chuckles, leans down and says "Thank you, you look ravishing yourself" lifting my chin up slightly to look him in the eye. His eyes looking at me with what looks like adoration and I can't help but question his use of words. Ravishing. Is this guy serious, I didn't even try with my outfit and I completely forgot to put on mascara. Yet my cheeks betray me under his intense gaze and they heat to what I assume is a deep red, as my face feels like it is on fire. 

"Where are you off to then?" he says, which makes me realise I never responded to his compliment, possibly my blush was enough. Omg I am so embarrassing. 

Surprising myself I hold his gaze and say "Oh just making my way to the bookstore, my shift starts soon" with a smile. I tend to smile when I am uncomfortable and don't know what to do.