chapter 14

Aubrey POV

Is this guy serious? He treats me like shit on Monday, disappears for two days and then calls me a slut. 

I try again to push past him but his grip on my wrists tightens "Ow Gray, you're hurting me" I say looking down at my wrists which will no doubt get a bruise.

Ian immediately lets go of my wrists and steps back, giving me the chance to brush past him and rub my wrists. 

"Wait Aubrey" he says regaining composure and this time grabbing my shoulders.

I harshly turn around and say "What. Care to slut shame me again?"

His face goes cold and angry and any remorse he had for hurting me disappears "Fuck Aubrey." he says as he lets go of me and runs his hands through his hair in frustration. 

"Look I was just angry ok. But seriously why are you hanging out with those guys?" he says taking his hands out of his hair and maintaining serious, intense eye contact.

"Why the hell were you angry? They are just fri-" I say before he cuts me off.

"Why the hell was I angry?!" Ian says sounding dumbfounded and returning his hands to his hair to tug on it. "Why was I angry? HA- Why was I ANGRY?" he repeats getting louder each time. 

"umm-" I say stepping back slowly, scared by this reaction of his. What the hell is this guy's problem?

"God you're stupid" he says sighing and removing his hands from his hair.

"Wow ok then... Thank you, I really needed some more of your excellent observations" I scoff and then try turn around and start walking away. 

"Stop" he says in a commanding tone, which despite my stubbornness makes me stop dead in my tracts. I turn around slowly, scared to look him in the eyes so I just stare at his feet.

"Just don't- Fuck Aubrey- I'm sorry ok" Ian says closing the distance between us.

I look up at him confused. He softly chuckles and says "I'm sorry angel." whilst using his hand to caress my cheek. 

Dammit I want to believe him but I don't want to be hurt again, or get involved further and just be hurt more. Plus he really thinks after just yelling at me and then apologising, it is going to do the trick? 

I flinch away from his touch and step back. He quickly recovers from a hurt expression that washes his face. 

"Ah yeah its ok" I lie, not wanting to have to have this conversation any longer and turn around to leave. This time he doesn't stop me, and as I exit the classroom I hear him mutter "Fuck"

I leave the classroom and see Spencer give me a puzzled expression, he walks up to me and says "Where were you?"

"Oh sorry I just got held back by-" as I'm saying that I trail off once I realise Spencer's eye contact drifted to someone behind me. I turn to see Ian has just left the classroom and is storming over. But he stops when his friends come up to him and he changes direction and leaves with them behind him. 

"Ian" I say finishing my sentence. 

"I thought you said you were going to stay away from him" Spencer says turning to look down at me.

"Me too" I say looking back over my shoulder to where Ian disappeared.

"You ok princess?" he asks looking concerned.

"Yeah" I try to shrug it off "He's just being weird" I chuckle. 

Spencer seems to notice that I am trying to move on so he indulges and says whining "Well I'm hungry and you took soooo lonnngggg"