chapter 17

Aubrey POV

"Are your parents home?" he asks, looking down at me with his eyes filled with concern.

"No" I say, trying to act as nonchalant as possible.

"When are they getting home?" he asks again. I feel bad lying to him but if I tell him my parents aren't here then there will be no way to get rid of him.

I check my watch, it is 6:10pm and I don't want him here long so I'll say my parents will be back by quarter to 7.

"Quarter to 7" I say, not being able to look him in the eye when I lie.

"Mmmkay" he says.

"Well I'm kinda eating dinner right now so can we have this little chat in the kitchen?"

"Sure thing beautiful" Ian smiles at me.

"No" I say getting some wave of confidence.

"None of that pet name shit please" I say and Ian growls. "At least until you explain why you've been a dick" I offer slightly scared by his growling ways. I then turn and lead him into the kitchen.

"Ok Angel" he says. I stop and turn to look at him. He has a cheeky grin which I can't help but smile back at. Shit! I am being mad at him, so I quickly replace that grin with a cold expression and continue walking into the kitchen.

"You hungry?" I ask him.

"I mean yeah but-" he says but I cut him off.

"Ok, take a seat then" he looks stunned by me taking control, but honestly I'm done with his bullshit. I dish out a plate of spaghetti for Ian using all that is left and place the plate down in front of him and take a seat next to him on the kitchen island.

"It's probably shit, don't have any fancy cooks. Just me and a the recipe on the back of a tomato sauce bottle." I say putting a mouthful of the spaghetti into my mouth.

I finish my mouthful then mutter "Oh shit"

"What's wrong everything ok?" Ian says as I bolt up from my seat. I make my way to the fridge and pull out the cheese.

"Almost forgot the cheese" I say shocked putting my hand on my chest.

Ian looks at me amused and grabs the cheese. I turn around to the cabinet and grab Ian a glass and fill it up with tap water. Not gonna give him the chilled stuff from the fridge. It's the small things. 

I place it in front of Ian, and then look to see him with a mouthful of my spaghetti smiling at me. God he looks so endearingly stupid.

"Ok what then" I say as I sit back down on my stool and take another mouthful of my spaghetti.

"It's really good angel" he says.

"Thanks" I respond seeing him looking at me with a look of endearment.

"Where do I start?" Ian sighs running his hands through his hair.

"From the beginning is usually a good place" I muse twirling the pasta around my fork.

"A bitterly cold winter night was December 23rd 2002 when what would grow to be a devilishly handsome man was born" Ian says staring off into the distance being dramatic.

"Too far back!!" I laugh. "Capricorn, hmm that makes sense" I mutter to myself.

He laughs and then asks "Capricorn?"

"Yep. Your star sign" I respond laughing slightly at his ignorance.

"What does it mean?"he says with the cutest confused expression.