chapter 12

Aubrey POV

"What the fuck do you want?" he says looking me up and down with a disgusted looking expression. Did I miss something?

Ok Aubrey play it cool, don't let him see how much this hurt you. 

"Well nothing to do with you" I say turning around and walking back to stunned looking Spencer, I turn back in a moment of my newfound confidence "Later dickhead" and then immediately regret it and rush up to Spencer.

"What the fuck? Who does that guy think he is?...I'm going to go teach him a lesson" Spencer says giving Ian a death glare and cracking his knuckles. 

I laugh, that's what I tend to do when I'm uncomfortable, "No Spencer, don't worry, I'm fine." I say as a grab onto his hands and look him in the eyes, trying to give him a smile, but I'm pretty sure he can tell it's force. 

His expression softens when he looks at me and says "Stay away from him"

"Don't need to tell me twice" I chuckle to which Spencer offers a sad smile.

I turn to have one final look at Ian, because I obviously hate myself, and I see him staring back at me and Spencer's intertwined hands, with his jaw clenched. I quickly tear my gaze away from Ian, drop my hands from Spencer's and pray to god Ian and I have no classes together. 

"Off to chemistry now princess!" Spencer says in a chirpy tone trying to distract me.

"Let's go" I say grabbing Spencer's  wrist and pulling him along. 

"Oh please do lead the way" he says laughing whilst being pulled along by me. All the while I can feel an intense stare, I shrug off the feeling and indulge in Spencer's help in distracting me. 

I stop suddenly and Spencer rams into the back of me "Woah there" he says turning me around.

I giggle and then look up at him and admit "I have no idea where I am going" 

He shakes his head with an amused smile and grabs my hand again and leads me the opposite direction I was going.

We arrive at the chemistry classroom and take a seat at a bench close to the front. The class passes relatively quickly and I find that I really like the teacher Mr Black and the content is relatively similar to what we learnt at my old school.

I am so lucky to have Spencer, he makes me feel so much more comfortable.  

We leave chemistry and enter the packed hallways where I follow closely behind Spencer to our next class, English. By the time we reach the classroom the hallways are cleared out, and when we arrive the classroom is full but with no teacher.

I look around the classroom and then make eye contact with Ian. Bloody brilliant. I start coughing in shock and then am brought out of my staring competition with Ian when Spencer pats my back. 

"What are you two doing still standing, go sit down!" the teacher says as he enters the room. I turn to face him and as soon as he sees me his face morphs into a slightly shocked expression.

"Oh you must be our new student! Ms-" he says trailing off

"Aubrey...Carter" I say looking at him and smiling awkwardly.

"Well take a seat Ms Carter... why don't you sit next to Mr Gray hmm?" he says walking over to his desk and placing down his tan suitcase. 

I turn to Spencer and give him a concerned look and he nods and begins walking toward Ian. 

"No no Mr Fuller I need you right up at the front" our english teacher says in a condescending tone and pointing to the seat at the front next to the girl with midnight black hair going all the way down to her hips.