chapter 43

Aubrey POV

I wake up trapped in a strong embrace, I feel confused and disorientated as I never remember finding somewhere to sleep. I slowly open my eyes to see Ian's room, how the hell did I get to Ian's house? I look down and see Ian's hands wrapped around my body and immediately feel comforted.

I wriggle slightly in his grip and then suddenly Ian is on top of me, he is using both hands to hold himself up while he hovers over me and looks over my face and body.

"Ahhh Ian?" I question, confused about a multitude of things but right now why he is looking over me like I am some fragile doll.

Before he answers he switches our positions and I am now laying on his body while he hugs me tightly. "Angel I love you so much" he says, slightly muffled as his face is in my hair but it is evident the concern in his voice.

I pull my body away and prop myself up on his chest to look at him. "What's wrong bear?" I say bringing a hand to tuck some of his unruly hair away from his face.

"How come you didn't tell me you were going to a party last night?" he asks his silver eyes swirling with regret and his face clenched with anger. 

"Oh yeah I am so sorry about that! I meant to tell you but I kept forgetting all week and then I tried to tell you when you dropped me off but you didn't let me finish my sentences!" I frown, feeling as if my head is pounding.

"Oh so it's my fault" he says quite angrily.

"What?" I ask tilting my head confused.

"Do you remember last night?" he asks saying through gritted teeth.

"I remember the first part of the night but then I don't remember how I got here. I didn't drink anything either so I'm really confused. But I am assuming you came?" I respond drawing circles with my fingers on his chest.

"Yeah well you-" Ian starts but is interrupted when the door is burst open, causing both Ian and I to look.

"AUBREY!" Riley shouts and coming towards us, she sits down onto the bed cross-legged and she pulls me off Ian and brings me into a giant hug. I hear Ian lowly growl behind me but Riley must give him a look because he suddenly stops.

"Riley!" I giggle hugging her back, still very confused about what is going on but just enjoying the moment. 

She pulls away slightly and runs her hand along my cheek and I offer her a smile. She looks behind me to Ian and narrowly squints at him like she is saying something to him.

"Well I would have but you interrupted me with all your door slamming" Ian huffs from behind me. 

Ian obviously deems Riley has gotten enough of me as his large hands wrap around me and tug me to his chest, so now I am sitting in his lap. Riley comes forward so now she is sitting in front of us and she reaches out for me to grab her hand. What the hell is going on? 

I grab her hand and she immediately begins rubbing circles on the back of my hand with her thumb. I've never seen her this tender with me before, hell anyone. Ian has me tight in his hug as his arms rest on both of my hips and I am pressed impossibly close to him with his chin resting on my head. 

"Ummm what's going on?" I ask, now slightly getting concerned and piecing together the fact that they are being super sensitive to me and I can't remember the second part of last night.

"Do you remember talking to a Mark?" Riley asks looking into my eyes and Ian tightens his grip on me.

"Yeah, he is was in the group of people I was talking to." I say. Oh shit, please don't tell me what I think you're going to tell me.