chapter 41

Aubrey POV

"Ian everyone always deserves better than what they have. And I am perfectly happy." I smile up at him, and his intense gaze and clenched jaw makes me realise just how much he cares.

He brings his hand to caress my jaw and smiles at me warmly. 

"I have to work later today" I smile up at him and a pouty frown crosses his face.

"Ugh I have work too" he says running his hands through his hair and sighing. I gulp and he notices, we both ignore the elephant in the room and he says "I'll drop you at the bookstore ok amgel. It's eleven am isn't it?"

"Yup" I say smiling up at him. "Thank you bear"

"Of course angel." he smiles. "Now can I pick your outfit?" he says but instead of waiting for an answer pushes pass me a goes into my closet.

I laugh and say "Sure". A few minutes later Ian walks towards me with a pile of clothes in his arms. He places them in my arms and looks at me with what looks to be a slight nervous expression which I can't help but laugh at. 

"Ok get out" I say waving him away. He looks at me shocked but then nods and leaves my room gently closing the door behind him. 

When I get changed I'm pretty impressed by what he chose.

Aubrey's outfit chosen by Ian

"Can I come in angel" he says opening the door and walking in.

"uh yeah I guess" I laugh as he closes the distance between us.

"I didn't do too bad huh" he smiles down at me and looks at the outfit. "Do you like it?"

"Yes bear you did a good job" I smile back up at him and get on my toes to try and reach his face to kiss him. He chuckles and closes the distance so we can kiss.

He pulls away and says "I'll be right back baby, stay here" and with that jogs out of the room. What the hell? I decide to sit on my bed and scroll through my phone. A few minutes later Ian comes storming back into my room holding a black box.

He walks closer to me and I stand up to face him. "Uh well..." he trails off bringing a hand to the back of his neck rubbing it. 

I bring my hand to rub his arm, he looks nervous. "This is for you" he tentatively opens the rectangular box and inside is a gorgeous necklace. 

"Bear! Wow this is..."I say trailing off myself looking at the beautiful necklace. I touch the necklace tracing the crystals with my hands.

"They are diamonds" he says rubbing the back of his neck again.

I snap my gaze to look at him and see him blushing slightly "IAN?"

"What you don't like it?! I can get-" he starts rambling but I interrupt him.