chapter 9

remember to comment pls <3

Aubrey POV

Throughout my entire shift all I could think about was my encounter with Ian. Did I offend him? Ugh I literally have a headache from overthinking. Before I know it, it is 5:30pm and I am nervous to say the least. 

"Bye Jane!" I say as I walk out of the shop. 

"Bye honey, be safe!" she says emerging from the backroom. With that I close the door behind me and turn to face Ian who is already staring into my eyes. 

I quickly take in his appearance. He is leaning casually against his bike still in the suit but his hair is slightly disheveled and falling down on his face. 

"Angel" he greets me whilst walking towards me and handing me a helmet. Still trying to assess what Ian I am talking to, I offer him a weak smile and say "Hi"

He intensely stares at me with what looks to be apologetic eyes and returns my smile by saying "How was your shift?"

"Good" I say shyly looking down. He grunts and places his hand under my chin and lifts it up so we once again are looking each other in the eye, he nods encouraging me to continue. 

Gaining confidence by his apparent interest I continue getting increasingly excited as I speak "Ah well it was quite busy which was surprising. I was able to help some people with book recommendations! And I got to get a copy of the new book in one of my favourite series'!" 

He flashes me a genuine smile and my heart almost melts at the adoration his eyes hold. He can't possibly be directing that at me? Feeling uncomfortable by his intense gaze I smile back and try to wiggle my way out of his firm grasp, only to be met with grunts. 

"How was your suit thing?" I say trying to move on from this overly affectionate position.

He chuckles slightly and says "Rather boring and overly long." Remaining to have his firm grasp on me.

Not knowing how to respond I say "Oh, I'm sorry" and once again look down.  

"Not your fault angel." he says. 

Obviously impatient he wraps his hands around my waist and carries me to his bike and plops me on it. I gasp slightly by this sudden movement and he smiles cheekily. He puts the helmet on my head and gets on the bike himself. 

Before I know it we are again riding, yet we don't go the way we expect as he drives the opposite directions to where I assumed his house was.

Oh shit. I barely know the guy, why the hell did I agree to go to his house? Am I stupid? Short answer, yes. I shouldn't trust so easily- well usually I don't but it is just something about him, a connection, god listen to me I make the perfect poster child for stockholm syndrome. 

I am knocked out of my overthinking spell by the world around me no longer moving. I gulp, and think back to some of the self-defence lessons the school made us take back in Australia. My mind is whirring with throws and defensive manoeuvres as Ian lifts me off the bike and removes my helmet. 

He looks at me with a confused expression which quickly turns to worry as I assume he reads my slightly scared expression. 

"Are you ok?" he rasps out grabbing hold of my shoulders protectively. Maybe I am completely crazy but the look of worry in his eyes seeing my fright dissolves my fear of him and the potentiality of something sinister occurring. 

"I'm ok!" I say offering him a smile. The fear being dissolved finally lets me take in my surroundings. A mansion looms in front of me. A beautiful Spanish mission mansion, it is absolutely stunning. It is completely unlike anything I have seen around here.