22.

And when you smile
The whole world stops and stares for a while
'Cause, girl, you're amazing
Just the way you are

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯↠⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Iris had officially moved in with George and Fred. It had been a month since George had recovered from the knife stab and he was perfectly fine. She didn't know how or when she decided to move in with George Weasley but there she was with hundreds of boxes full of her things.
"We're going to have to do so much work" Fred commented and Iris nodded too tired to do anything else. The three of them sat down on the sofa which sat in front of the T.V. and sighed in unison, "That was a lot of boxes" George told her.
"what are you tired about? you used magic!"
"Well I'm sorry but levitating takes a lot of energy" George lightly pushed her shoulder and Iris swatted his hand away, "Open that box"Iris told Fred.
"What's in it?"
"Mum's brownies" Iris signed and Fred excitedly stood up to get it. He walked over to the box on the table and opened it only for some balloons to fly out of it. It startled Fred a little bit but he rolled his eyes, "That was a lame prank" He told  her.
"Look up" The moment Fred looked up, the balloon above him burst causing semi-permanent color to wash over him.

Living with Fred and George shouldn't have been difficult, she spent multiple nights there before, it was going to be the same, right? Wrong. Living with the Twins was little different. She wasn't used to sharing her space with anyone before, even when her and Adeliene were younger, they had separate rooms.
The twins were too nice, they lived in a family of seven and they knew how to adjust more people than they could fit into that apartment. It made Iris guilty for taking up their space even after much reassurance from the two.

Iris was back at St. Mungo's as a healer. It was a difficult job considering she couldn't speak but she always had a translator around her. It was only a part time job and her shift ended by four but it also meant that she left at 7 in the morning.

Fred and George were doing extremely well with the shop. Everyone wanted their amazing products and kids loved them for their funny jokes. They both loved their jobs and they couldn't be happier.

Iris went to St. Mungo's everyday, and everyday she crossed that room, the same room she was forced to learn sign language in. She never even looked in its direction but it was well into June when her eyes landed on a little girl who much like her couldn't speak. Her mother was trying to convince her to go into the room and learn but she refused.
Iris' feet seemed to have a mind of their own as she walked up to the small girl and waved with a smile.
"Hello!" She signed and her translator said it out loud.

The shop had closed up and the twins went back up to their apartment. They called out for Iris but when they couldn't see her, panic arose inside George.
"Where is she? She should've been home three hours ago!" He frantically checked around the house but didn't find her.
George had been rather protective since their incident with Mallory and Will, so just to make sure, he decided to go to the hospital himself and check if she was there.

He walked up to the main desk, "Iris Menkem, she's a healer here, do you know where she is?" The woman opened her mouth to reply when someone tapped George's shoulder.
He turned around to see Iris standing there in confusion.
"You're okay.."
"Yes"
"It's seven! Where were you?"
"I go distracted.." she told him.
"Doing what?"
"Teaching, sign language" Her eyes were slightly watery but she wasn't sad, "I went in there today"
"Oh.." George's face softened as his hand rested on her cheek, "you okay?" She nodded.
"Home?"
"Home"